diy solar

diy solar

Devastating fire

Ouch, a tragic loss and hopefully your insurance can cover some of it. I didn’t know what a Bluetti AC100 was. Apparently it’s a product that has been dropped from their store.

Thank you all. Had it for 6 months. Fire inspector on her way today. Fire chief said that's where it started. It was the only electrical thing in the cabin. Hooked to solar panels. All belongings gone. Insurance folks helpful.

Not LiFePO4?
Can anyone confirm the chemistry?

Confirmed:

LG Li-ion Polymer battery cell, 67568mAh/14.8V (equivalent to 270270mAh 3.7V)).

LiPo is the most dangerous lithium chemistry.

Newbie here. Devastating news. Maxoak bluetti AC 100. Burned my cabin - total loss. Do I have any recourse?

Where is cabin located and where did you but the AC100? These are both relevant for any potential claim as every state is a bit different in liability.

Central VA, purchased through Amazon. Am researching battery recalls. Anyone know why bluetti AC 100 was taken off Market?
Shown as "currently unavailable " on Amazon

Central VA, purchased through Amazon. Am researching battery recalls. Anyone know why bluetti AC 100 was taken off Market?
Shown as "currently unavailable " on Amazon

I am trying to think on possible scenarios that could result in such a catastrophic results.

How many and how big solar panels did you have on the cabin?

What equipments were connected to the bluetti ?

Could that happen that the solar array was too big and the bluetti was charged almost all the time to nearly 100% ?

Is there overcharging protection on that? If not, did the manual say to install overcharging protection? Was there proper ventilation around it? Just thinking out loud here.

Anyone know why bluetti AC 100 was taken off Market?
mrzed001 confirmed they are LiPo. possibly made by LG who were in the Australian news because of their recall of batteries used in larger systems "LG Energy Solution has determined that there may also have been issues in the early production processes. As a result, some batteries containing cells manufactured during a specific period may overheat and catch fire when they are exposed to harsh external environments."

Naturally there maybe no connection to your fire.

4 100w panels mounted 50' away from cabin. Nothing at all connected to bluetti.
Am checking on overcharge protection, I believe so, but manual was burned.

)Chose suitable solar panel (DC16-40V).
(2)Put the solar panel under strong sunshine, face to the sun positively.
(3)Take the part MC4 cable, connect the solar panel and the product.
(4)When the product is charged fully by the Solar, it will stop charging automatically. Please take out the charging cable, and turn o the product.

Note: Please make sure the cable connecting is correct and stable, or will cause the connector in high temperature status or sparking.

Note: Please charge the product under 0~40°C temperature environment.

Note: During the charging, it is normal situation if the product is getting a little bit hot.

Note: The charging time is di erent when light intensity is di
# 4. Will stop charging automatically when fully charged

I suspect this to be a LiPo fire
@Will Prowse can you put this thread to the new Up in smoke topic please :)

They have good ideas dealing with LiPo batteries. The charging bunker is good, but the best is the sandbag on top of it.
If ... sorry When the battery goes into thermal runaway it melts the sandbag's plastic and sand is pouring in top of the battery.

mrzed001 confirmed they are LiPo. possibly made by LG who were in the Australian news because of their recall of batteries used in larger systems "LG Energy Solution has determined that there may also have been issues in the early production processes. As a result, some batteries containing cells manufactured during a specific period may overheat and catch fire when they are exposed to harsh external environments."

Naturally there maybe no connection to your fire.

The link to LG recall corrected :

Do not know if there is any connection between the two thing.

Back