diy solar

diy solar

DeWalt DWFP55126 Compressor running off 24v 1500w inverter

Bart

I just purchased this DeWalt compressor today to see if it would work with my 24v 1500w inverter "Reliable Electric" and it works just fine with no issues. Getting all the tools I need ready for my up coming cabin build. I cycled the compressor three times filling it up to 165 psi and had no issues with this inverter, see pictures below for power consumption 1175w, 11.13a, 120.4v.

Now that I know this can work it will save me quite a bit on tools as the 20v DeWalt nail guns are $300 each but the pneumatic ones are between $100 and $200 each, quite a good savings knowing this will work.

I connected the inverter to my DIY 24v battery.

Thanks Bart

Attachments

• IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0582.jpg
    IMG_0582.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
Pneumatics are indeed a lot less expensive. I came close to buying a 20v staple gun but decided to get by with my ever reliable Bostitch instead. The lure of no air compressor and no air lines was very attractive. Maybe next year.

My inverter is only 1000 watts and my two stage air compressor would have brought the inverter to its knees. I had to fire up the generator instead. :( Still, it's good to see you got by with only a 1500 watt inverter.

Pneumatics are indeed a lot less expensive. I came close to buying a 20v staple gun but decided to get by with my ever reliable Bostitch instead. The lure of no air compressor and no air lines was very attractive. Maybe next year.

My inverter is only 1000 watts and my two stage air compressor would have brought the inverter to its knees. I had to fire up the generator instead. :( Still, it's good to see you got by with only a 1500 watt inverter.
I was actually surprised that it worked, I have never tried to run a compressor off a portable power supply before but after seeing this on sale at Home Depot this week I decided to give it a go and if it didn't work I would've just returned it, but it does work just fine so I'm very happy about that.

Bart

Back