diy solar

diy solar

Deye 5kw 3250W per MPPT limit and 9 panels

Hi Sleeper85 im planning to buy a Deye 6kw and im in a similar condition with 13,5A pannels and 13A mppt inverter imput.
How is the inverter doing?

Hi Sleeper85 im planning to buy a Deye 6kw and im in a similar condition with 13,5A pannels and 13A mppt inverter imput.
How is the inverter doing?

Hi,

It works well with the Deye, I have a string of 8 panels connected to MPPT. On cloudy days with sunny spells, I sometimes have current peaks at 16.7A o_O and that doesn't seem to pose any problems.

That said MPPT Deye are not perfect, especially when there is shadow on the panels, see the subject below. I noticed the same problem at home. This may be resolved with new firmware.

Another criticism, Deye 6K has a large self consumption of 70~80W. This consumption is lower in battery-free mode.

That said, it is a very good hybrid inverter.

1706105810712.png

Last edited:
Thank you, i saw the picture with the new menù with multi point scan but never immagined that doesn't work...
I have some shadow in morning but on all the panels so maybe this kind of shadow doesnt trigger the problem.

Self consumption is from grid?
I made some search on consumption and an installer told me 30-40 watt and that if is higher its because there is floating enabled in battery settings

I don't see any relationship with floating.
Off-grid it can be 80W consumed from the battery.
On-grid it is 40W from the battery and 40W from GRID.

There is a Low Power mode (only for on-grid) and a Shutdown mode only for off-grid with lower consumption but with the inverter output OFF.

Back