diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8K inverter, 12-100AH Alberta Lithium Batteries with 6-445w Canadian Solar Bi-facial modules

Evolution

Hi there,
The set up above is what I have so far for my fifth wheel RV I am looking for information on what other components I would need to finish this set up any information that you guys could provide would be helpful thank you in advance.

Hi there,
The set up above is what I have so far for my fifth wheel RV I am looking for information on what other components I would need to finish this set up any information that you guys could provide would be helpful thank you in advance.
Are you building a complete solar system for your RV? If so, are you planning to keep portions that are propane?

Like obviously you would need an inverter but depending which way you go would decide if hybrid or not.

If I can figure out how to copy a link on this stupid phone, theres a site where a guy details his complete RV solar transformation. Will mark this and cone back.

Are you building a complete solar system for your RV? If so, are you planning to keep portions that are propane?

Like obviously you would need an inverter but depending which way you go would decide if hybrid or not.

If I can figure out how to copy a link on this stupid phone, theres a site where a guy details his complete RV solar transformation. Will mark this and cone back.
Ok couldnt copy but its
Imnotlostimrving.com

he already has an deye/sol-ark/sunsynk hybrid inverter.

i think you may want to get busbars, a shunt and enough copperwire.
furthermore i dont see anything about breakers , not a disconnect.
you pretty much have the major stuff

Geez im sleepy. Thought I posted that link
imnotlostimrving.com
and yea now I see he posted the inverter. Has the beginnings if an awesome setup. Hope he checks that link. That guy did all victron and added some cool stuff.

Thanks for the replies,
I was wondering what size of shunt I would need.
The inverter is 8k and I am planning on connecting 3 banks of 4-100 amp hour batteries in series making 48v (then in parallel)
Any idea on what size of busbars would require?
I’m not sure of what size of cable I would need as well. I think #1ga. Or 1/0 may work.
Please let me know what you all would Recommend.

Here is what I have so far.

Attachments

• BC101450-6A32-4564-A48B-948CB0630CCF.jpeg
    BC101450-6A32-4564-A48B-948CB0630CCF.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 10
  • C4FF99A4-E225-458D-AB75-07332E6C44C3.jpeg
    C4FF99A4-E225-458D-AB75-07332E6C44C3.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 8
  • C24CEC68-11D9-4E96-9626-FE9F729CA15B.jpeg
    C24CEC68-11D9-4E96-9626-FE9F729CA15B.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1E32CC35-A0F9-4AC4-ABD0-7E0CB00AF482.jpeg
    1E32CC35-A0F9-4AC4-ABD0-7E0CB00AF482.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 10
a victron smart shunt is a good optiin, however will tested a cheap 40 usd shunt from amazon with great succes.
at minimum i wouls look at a 500 amp one.

please dont forget you breakers, fuses and kil switches.
you have enough power to be dangerous, so take it slow, think twice and protect yourself

a victron smart shunt is a good optiin, however will tested a cheap 40 usd shunt from amazon with great succes.
at minimum i wouls look at a 500 amp one.

please dont forget you breakers, fuses and kil switches.
you have enough power to be dangerous, so take it slow, think twice and protect yourself
For real. Reading this thinking dude is building 1 heck of a rig.

Do any of you have any idea what size of cable I should use.my battery bank will be on the other side of the wall where the inverter will be.
The length of the run won’t be over the width of the trailer (8’ trailer width). The picture is where I was going to run 9 of the 12 batteries in a row and then put the additional 3 on the upper shelf.
Or what might work better is put 8 of them on the bottom leaving a space in the center to run the cables through the wall and then four on the shelf above and then running the cables through the same hole below? Then the cables would be relatively equal lengths. (Not sure if that would matter or not.
I looked at the $40+- shunt that Will reveiwed. It only goes to 350amps. so no good I believe it to be to small.
(houseofancients) you said that I should look at a minimum 500amp shunt. So would I be better off going with a 1000amp shunt to be safe or would it just be a waste of $$? The 2nd picture is where the generator box was and where I am hoping to put the inverter. I will sheet the wall with cement board or magnesium board to give it a fireproof surface to mount to. (The batteries would be directly behind this wall in the heated side. Where the inverter would be on the enclosed but more open to ambient temperature ti allow for better heat dissipation and cooling.

Attachments

• 3A8F5440-8BCE-4A28-AC1D-475E66C368F3.jpeg
    3A8F5440-8BCE-4A28-AC1D-475E66C368F3.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 3A82A556-9227-470D-9245-D6D71D56247B.jpeg
    3A82A556-9227-470D-9245-D6D71D56247B.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 3
What would you guys recommend for Busbar, Shunt, breakers. fuses and kill switches etc. (Sizes makes model etc.) if you used in the passed and found them to be good quality.

I believe the Deye inverter only has a DC disconnect switch.
thank yiu again for any help that you can provide.

When it comes to battery cables, I never go more than 0 gauge. Amp thing. U can look up charts on gauge/amp.

Higher gauge too dangerous to me... pushing too much current thru a wire thats not rated for it. I would much rather over-shoot and have peace of mind.

Back