diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8K Inverter How Loud?

kid744

I have to make a decision on where to install my Deye 8K Inverter. My 2 choices are in my basement or in utility room on carport. The basement install will be much easier to wire, but not sure how much noise will be heard in the living room and bedroom above the basement. Anyone have experience with what kind of noise to expect when the unit is in operation? I can't seem to find any video/audio of an 8K unit running.
I know Ray has 3 of these and hope he has some input here. Maybe The_Colorist can provide some info as well.
Thanks for any help guys!!

Kid

I have to make a decision on where to install my Deye 8K Inverter. My 2 choices are in my basement or in utility room on carport. The basement install will be much easier to wire, but not sure how much noise will be heard in the living room and bedroom above the basement. Anyone have experience with what kind of noise to expect when the unit is in operation? I can't seem to find any video/audio of an 8K unit running.
I know Ray has 3 of these and hope he has some input here. Maybe The_Colorist can provide some info as well.
Thanks for any help guys!!

Kid

If it's too loud, you could build a 'hush box' around it...

In the home theater world, guys would have a cinema projector that had too loud of fans whining and distracting from watching the movie, so people came up with these boxes that used sound deadening techniques, like insulated box panels (or with actual insulation inside), being aware of air convection (so the hush box wouldn't hold heat in it), baffled vents that muffle sound and what not, sometimes using quiet fans to move air through them.

So essentially, a box that would shield the noise from escaping. These kinds of boxes come in many flavors, wherever your imagination and creativity take you...

Sound dampening is one option for sure, thanks for your suggestion. I am also looking at changing the fans or adding quieter fans to the intake side to prevent the reportedly loud factory fans from ever turning on.

Kid

Sound dampening is one option for sure, thanks for your suggestion. I am also looking at changing the fans or adding quieter fans to the intake side to prevent the reportedly loud factory fans from ever turning on.

Kid

Yeah good idea, and based on my experience working in datacenters, smaller diameter fan means higher rpm (aka: turbine speeds) and noisy, the 1U thin servers with 1" fans are a lot louder than the 5U tall servers with 5-6" fans.

So selecting even an oversize (large diameter), slow rpm fan and making ductwork to adapt it (downsize it) to the inlets of the inverter, to bring the cooler air right to it at higher CFM, you're on the right track with that potential idea...

Back