diy solar

diy solar

Deye Firmware Tracker Thread

The middle section are the parameters that the grid needs to fall into after the inverter will reconnect to the grid. I.e it has tripped for some reason (low frequency for example).

So after a trip the inverter will wait for 'reconnect time'. Then confirm the voltage and frequency are within the limits on the middle section of that screen. Then slowly ramp up the power over the time specified in 'reconnect ramp rate'.

And the overvoltage 10min average is fairly self explanatory. If the average grid voltage is above that value for 10mins, the inverter will trip off (disconnect from the grid)

Based on the settings you have there, these are disabled I guess.

Here are my settings (for new zealand)

Attachments

• 20221004_112426.jpg
    20221004_112426.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221004_112429.jpg
    20221004_112429.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 47
And the overvoltage 10min average is fairly self explanatory. If the average grid voltage is above that value for 10mins, the inverter will trip off (disconnect from the grid)
If I am not mistaken this Over voltage U is basically similar to having this:
1665055351801.png
ie: If Grid >249V and <265V for >600s, Deye will Disconnect.

Why have to add a separate entry?

This middle part of GridSet2 appears similar to the previous version GridSet3 then...

If I am not mistaken this Over voltage U is basically similar to having this:
View attachment 115185
ie: If Grid >249V and <265V for >600s, Deye will Disconnect.

Why have to add a separate entry?

This middle part of GridSet2 appears similar to the previous version GridSet3 then...
I suspect they are slightly different.
The top value uses a running mean, whereas I suspect the rest of the numbers on this page use a time delay. I.e the grid voltage has to exceed that value for that time.

I received my inverters with this firmware pretty much, so I never really saw what it was like before.

Hello
I bought 2 model of Deye inverters
1- SUN-SG03LP1-EU 5KW with firmware HMI: Ver 0000-c358 Main: Ver 0-3374-1515
2- SUN-SG01LP1-US/EU 8KW with firmware HMI: Ver 0000-c35A Main: Ver 0-6014-1724

Is it essentially required to update them, and how is the procedures to do that through Solarman?
I appreciate your help
My problem is to read the parameters in screen with my BMS parallel felicity batterues ( read one battery only as total voltage 51.2 V)
I wonder if i update my firmware can solve this issue.

Możesz zmienić oprogramowanie przez WiFi logger, wprowadź jego IP w przeglądarce, po zalogowaniu zobaczysz tam opcje, oprogramowanie wyśle Ci usługę deye sun pocztą e-mail

Is it essentially required to update them, and how is the procedures to do that through Solarman?
I appreciate your help
The firmware is updated by the factory thro Solarman they don't release it because some versions use the same hardware and KW are defined by firmware and they don't want us to buy a 5K and upgrade for higher without paying extra.
This is a normal procedure and it's good because if you don't buy the most powerfull of the line you know that your hardware can handle more than you paid.

SUN-SG03LP1-EU 5KW updated beginning of September

For those who can't change parameters via Solarman or Deye app you have to request Deye to allow that, in my case all the requests are made by seller and only takes a couple of hours to be active.

1670857862752.jpeg

some versions use the same hardware and KW are defined by firmware and they don't want us to buy a 5K and upgrade for higher without paying extra.
This is a normal procedure and it's good because if you don't buy the most powerfull of the line you know that your hardware can handle more than you paid.

How do you know that?

How do you know that?

Other forum and confirmed by my seller, he also told me that Deye provide upgrades in power paying an extra, could be handy if we need a little extra but I prefer to know that I'm not at inverter max.

Funny story a guy in a forum complain that they install the wrong firmware placing a 8KW in is 5KW.

Last edited:
I have just been updated to C362 from C35C.

I have noticed the following changes to the HMI. If anyone can offer more information on any of these options, please do so.

Grid Set1:
New check box 'Unlock Grid Setting', when selected it asks for a PIN. I tried 7777 as the pin and it unlocked the grid settings.

Batt Mode:
New check box: 'Disable Float Charge' Seems self explanatory, useful for lithium batteries I guess.
New check box: 'Low Power Mode<Low Batt' Description from manual: if selected and when battery SOC is less then “Low Bat” value, the self-consumption power of inverter will be from grid and battery simultaneously. If unselected, the self-consumption power of inverter will be mainly from grid.

Batt Set2:
New check box: 'Low Noise Mode' supposedly this reduces inverter noise

Basic Set2:
New 'Language Select' Box with options for English, German, Hungarian and Spanish

Paral. Set3:
New option under Meter Select for 'Arcel-3P' meter
New check box: 'Grid Side INV Meter2' Description from manual: when there’s a string inverter AC couple at the grid or load side of hybrid inverter and there’s a meter installed for the string inverter, then the hybrid inverter LCD will show the string inverter output power on its PV icon. Please make sure the meter can communicate with the hybrid inverter successfully.

Wind Set2:
This setting page seems to be gone. I.e no wind turbine option anymore.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

1) HMI: 0000-C361 MAIN: 0-4382-1515
2) Original firmware
3) Don't upgraded
4) SUN-6K-SG03LP1-EU
5) Single phase - 230V - 50Hz
6) Produced on 2023-6-10 and installed on 2023-07-12

Does anyone here have the procedure to update the firmware? Are we obliged to go through the Deye support?

Last edited:
Edit: sorry it's for microinverter !

Regarding Deye microinverter WIFI network, We have launched new firmware version MW3_16U_5406_1.53 (MW3_16U_5406_1.5 is available as well) on the Dec 2022 which allows the users to change the default password.

Also, when the microinverters connects to the internet successfully for 30mins, then the inverter firmware will be upgraded automatically if the firmware version is not the latest one. In addition, if you are eager to update the microinverter firmware version, please contact us via service@deye.com.cn, We will handle it as soon as possible.

Does this mean that with the wifi dongle connected and up to date, the inverter will upgrade itself after 30 minutes?

Last edited:
Back