diy solar

diy solar

Deye hybrid 8kw rs485...

Ziroy

Hello,
I am setting up a solar system for off grid use. I have 4 volthium 10.2kw batteries and 2 Deye hybrid 8kw inverters. I tested everything for the first time and it seems running well. Just that I cannot get my batteries and inverter to communicate with each other. I am using the rs485 ports on both the batteries and inverters.
Inverters are paralleled and only using master inverter to communicate with the batteries. Batteries are connected with each other using the rs485 ports on them. Addresses are adjusted for each of the batteries.
Some advise would be really appreciated,

Regards,

Just that I cannot get my batteries and inverter to communicate with each
How would you check this?
I have a similar setup and to only way I see that they are communicating is at the end of the charging is that the charging amps are tapering of nicely till 100% is reached.

How would you check this?
I have a similar setup and to only way I see that they are communicating is at the end of the charging is that the charging amps are tapering of nicely till 100% is reached.
Isn't that just adjusting to the voltages?
There is a BMS page on the inverters that not shows a temperature of -100 and gives alarms.

The temp is only for lead batteries and the sensor that is supplied/connected with the inverter.

I'm running Solar Assistant and they give me the temp of the selos BMS
No other info tho
It looks like your batteries have a seplos also.
1643813787769.png

deye uses CANBUS to the best of my knowledge, not rs485
Nope, the Deye supports both CANBus and RS485 ModBus protocol for BMS communication. On my 8K inverter, the BMS communication protocol is Type # 12 and I have a RJ45 cable connected to the RS485 on the Inverter and the other end to the RJ485 port on the Battery BMS.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.36.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.36.32 PM.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 50
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.36.16 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-21 at 12.36.16 PM.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 53
My system communicates with the batteries using the can port Im sure this is outlined in the user manual as well

Nope, the Deye supports both CANBus and RS485 ModBus protocol for BMS communication. On my 8K inverter, the BMS communication protocol is Type # 12 and I have a RJ45 cable connected to the RS485 on the Inverter and the other end to the RJ485 port on the Battery BMS.
I am having issues with my 8kw Deye and connection to some old GSL RS485 only powerwalls. Deye support updated the firmware, told me to set the protocol to 12 and plug the cable into the CAN socket, still no luck. Support still working on it, will update

Deye, came back and said this GSL battery is not supported for RS485. GSL did come back to me and are sending me new BMS units which support CAN and DEYE, lets hope they are an easy fit.

Hello,
I am setting up a solar system for off grid use. I have 4 volthium 10.2kw batteries and 2 Deye hybrid 8kw inverters. I tested everything for the first time and it seems running well. Just that I cannot get my batteries and inverter to communicate with each other. I am using the rs485 ports on both the batteries and inverters.
Inverters are paralleled and only using master inverter to communicate with the batteries. Batteries are connected with each other using the rs485 ports on them. Addresses are adjusted for each of the batteries.
Some advise would be really appreciated,

Regards,
That's exactly my setup. My batteries also don't communicate with R485, I am using GSL batteries and they advised I upgrade the BMS to Pace 150, which I am in the process of doing now. Apparently Deye prefer CAN communication.

Deye, came back and said this GSL battery is not supported for RS485. GSL did come back to me and are sending me new BMS units which support CAN and DEYE, lets hope they are an easy fit.
They are not a direct fit, I had to cut one standoff on the main board, extend the balance cables on terminal 1 and 4. The communication board is for a rack mount or top mount for a floor standing battery, I will have to cut the front of the battery panel for it to fit and be seen on my wall mounted batteries.

The supplied new BMS's function with the DEYE via CAN, but I cannot read the battery by software vis the RS485 port. GSL have sent me a RS232 to USB converter for connection to the RS232 port. Still awaiting this. Up to now I am very impressed with GSL's customer service on 4 year old batteries. Modified panel.jpg

Back