diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

the_colorist

"Move over... let me fix it" Installer/Engineer
I've posted this in a couple of active threads but I felt it might be worth posting a thread on.

Deye is now canceling the distribution and manufacture of the split-phase model in favor of SOL-ARK distribution only for all of North America, including the Virgin Islands. Not even Chinese suppliers can purchase split-phase models anymore. I've confirmed this in several different ways. This even affects where we're at in Belize.

We have some inverters in the queue currently being manufactured at Deye and I have access to stock but as soon as it's out and the last batches are manufactured, there will be no more available.

Mods: Feel free to move this where you like.

I’ve bought 2 DEYE 8k inverters for me and my brothers Airbnb/Vacation properties in Jamaica and they have been great! So great that I was considering to get solar for my home here in the US and getting another one. I really hope there will be an alternative other than SOL ARK.

Yeah, those are just Deye inverters with a Greensun label. I know pretty much all the major (and minor) players in the market. Sadly all resellers are cut off. Many have removed the inverters from their websites/offerings. Even GSL (one of their larger benefactors) is cut off outside of this last batch run being manufactured now.

I’ve bought 2 DEYE 8k inverters for me and my brothers Airbnb/Vacation properties in Jamaica and they have been great! So great that I was considering to get solar for my home here in the US and getting another one. I really hope there will be an alternative other than SOL ARK.
I'm working on a solution for that now. The single-phase versions of the Deye inverters are not only cheaper but should work with an AT (autotransformer) without issue for a total installed cost that is about the same. I may post further on this, not sure yet. I have to check I believe the software even includes the setting for UL1741SA etc. As many know, most NA PV inverters are 240V native (neutral sense) and the battery backup function from a lot of high-end brands is assisted with an autotransformer. SMA Sunny Boy Storage (Automatic Backup Unit W/Autoformer), SolarEdge, Solis, etc. This is about the same.

So what about South America?
They have discontinued all split-phase models sadly. There will simply not produce any further units outside of the SOL-ARK units.

Edit: The above information is now incorrect. Deye is still producing them & we're still sourcing them.

Last edited:
Being an importer of Suntec inverters www.samkhi.com which is a Deye version I can confirm this news it’s definitely going to impact the solar market but based on the pricing of solark I guess customers will look back into going to Schneider days.

It's sad to see this happen and so far the only inverter that I have found that could replace the deye is the solar a1 ess but that system needs an external energy meter and an external auto transformer.

Also it uses a battery voltage that is 115 volts which is an issue given the supply that is readily available to me is 48v

I've posted this in a couple of active threads but I felt it might be worth posting a thread on.

Deye is now canceling the distribution and manufacture of the split-phase model in favor of SOL-ARK distribution only for all of North America, including the Virgin Islands. Not even Chinese suppliers can purchase split-phase models anymore. I've confirmed this in several different ways. This even affects where we're at in Belize.

We have some inverters in the queue currently being manufactured at Deye and I have access to stock but as soon as it's out and the last batches are manufactured, there will be no more available.

Both are great inverters. It does create a problem in affordability for clients that can only afford the deye units only. Not a great news

Will they still support with repair parts? I know someone who just got two 8k units. ;);)

To heck with SolArk. Just because the company claims to be all about veterans, doesn't mean they understand what it means to be about American ideology. Sick of good causes being used to put money in <insert appropriate adjective here> people's pockets.

They're outsourcing to china for MFG for christ sake; and, I wonder what role they [solark] actually had in designing "their" [solark's] inverters. i look at this company and envision just a bunch of folks riding chinese shirttails to fat pockets. Do they actually do anything Deye couldnt do themselves? Middlemen be damned.

Disclaimer: I have no evidence that this is actually the case, but it certainly seems to be the standard rather than the exception, these days.

I’m guessing someone could still buy two single phase inverters to make a split phase. Glad I got my two deye’s a couple months ago. Should be delivered in the next week or two.

To heck with SolArk. Just because the company claims to be all about veterans, doesn't mean they understand what it means to be about American ideology. Sick of good causes being used to put money in <insert appropriate adjective here> people's pockets.

They're outsourcing to china for MFG for christ sake; and, I wonder what role they [solark] actually had in designing "their" [solark's] inverters. i look at this company and envision just a bunch of folks riding chinese shirttails to fat pockets. Do they actually do anything Deye couldnt do themselves? Middlemen be damned.

Disclaimer: I have no evidence that this is actually the case, but it certainly seems to be the standard rather than the exception, these days.

Is solark doing something more that upholding their intellectual property/paten rights?

I don’t know all the Ins and how’s of how solark could force a stop sale of distribution of dyne units, but my guess is nothing nefarious is happening other than following the law.

In due time someone will legally under cut solark and cheaper units will hit the market. It’s the free market way.

Is solark doing something more that upholding their intellectual property/paten rights?

I don’t know all the Ins and how’s of how solark could force a stop sale of distribution of dyne units, but my guess is nothing nefarious is happening other than following the law.

In due time someone will legally under cut solark and cheaper units will hit the market. It’s the free market way.
I agree. Nothing here happening other than free market and I don’t begrudge solark one bit.

I agree. Nothing here happening other than free market and I don’t begrudge solark one bit.

There's scummy ways to operate in the free market and there's ethical ways. No, what they're doing isn't illegal or uncommon - but it doesn't communicate to the customer that they're a priority concern for Sol-Ark.

If they came out and just plainly stated that they utilize a design from Sun-Synk/Deye and make their own improvements to it or customize it for the US market and explain how their improvements and development are worth the massive added cost - then that would be a very ethical and upfront way of doing business in the "free market". As the customer could then decide the best path for their situation.

Instead, Sol-Ark appears to have hidden the fact that they didn't design the overall unit - then proceed to remove some features (Parallel smaller units) and at the same time jack the price up 300-400%. Then when customers (free market) start to find other sources for the original design - instead of trying to compete with the market and meet the customer needs, they decide to force the market by making deals to limit customers' ability to obtain the products in the "free market". Reducing customer options and securing their own bottom line. If they can't find a business model that works outside of scummy tactics - then maybe they should get the hint.

Very anti-free market in my mind. Yes, tons of companies do it - but I despise every single one of them that does. If that's the kind of "free market" you guys support and encourage - then I guess you enjoy getting bent over and used. Companies need to be called out on this and stop harming what really is a Free Market where the best products are widely available and customers ultimately get the choice on which business to support via purchases.

Wasn't directing this at anyone personally - so don't take this as an attack on you, Scorch - just giving an alternate opinion and you happened to be last. Just a difference of viewpoints.

Meh.... I get your point, but I just respectfully disagree. If I was in Sol-Arks shoes, I would probably do the exact same thing and wouldn't lose a nights sleep over it.

I'm just lucky I got my 2 DEYE 8k's before they put the ban on!:giggle:

A company will always put its profits ahead of what’s “best” for the customer (GM EV1 ring a bell?).

Have faith the demand is there a new product will fill the void.

Have faith the demand is there a new product will fill the void.
It was my understanding that Growatt and MPP are the largest 2 competitors also be china manufactured. They dont offer all the software features as Solark but should be viable alternatives for split phase hybrids.

It was my understanding that Growatt and MPP are the largest 2 competitors also be china manufactured. They dont offer all the software features as Solark but should be viable alternatives for split phase hybrids.
I think none of them can do AC coupling with Frequency control.
Deye/Sol-ark can. Only Victron and SMA can do it too.

Back