diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

It was my understanding that Growatt and MPP are the largest 2 competitors also be china manufactured. They dont offer all the software features as Solark but should be viable alternatives for split phase hybrids.
I agree to this there will always be other products to fill the void. MPP Solar by the way is made in Taiwan and theri product tested out to be really good.

I agree to this there will always be other products to fill the void. MPP Solar by the way is made in Taiwan and theri product tested out to be really good.

MPP Solar is a Taiwan company, but the inverters are made in China by Voltronic.

Deye/Sol-Ark is made in China too.

I've posted this in a couple of active threads but I felt it might be worth posting a thread on.

Deye is now canceling the distribution and manufacture of the split-phase model in favor of SOL-ARK distribution only for all of North America, including the Virgin Islands. Not even Chinese suppliers can purchase split-phase models anymore. I've confirmed this in several different ways. This even affects where we're at in Belize.

We have some inverters in the queue currently being manufactured at Deye and I have access to stock but as soon as it's out and the last batches are manufactured, there will be no more available.

Mods: Feel free to move this where you like.
Hi everyone I would like to point out some things from some earlier threads about SOL ARK and DEYE.DEYE opened its doors before SOL ARK DEYE built its inverters before SOL ARK.DEYE makes SOL ARK inverters just like Whirlpool makes Kenmore washers and dryers Now that SOL ARK has got so big They want to corner the North American market.SOL ARK has input into how their inverters are made after all they buy a large number of them and probably do partial work/manufacturer now in US.BUT the bottom line is SOL ARK is a DEYE inverter.Thanks for your time

I think none of them can do AC coupling with Frequency control.
Deye/Sol-ark can. Only Victron and SMA can do it too.

I think also Schneider and Outback Skybox.

MPP Solar is a Taiwan company, but the inverters are made in China by Voltronic.

Deye/Sol-Ark is made in China too.

SMA is made in Germany, US, Canada.

So which is cheaper? Sol-ark, Victron, SMA?
This is the exact order :) (from cheap to expensive)

Price of those three may not be so far apart.
SMA (European model) one 6kW Sunny Island + 2x 6kW Sunny Boy could be pretty competitive, considering PV and AC watts it could deliver.
US model in grid-tie is hampered by current limit transfer relay, and needs 2x Sunny Island or else 120/240V transformer.
You can put together a killer off-grid system with older models that can be had cheaper.

e.g. $3400 for Sunny Island + $800 for Sunny Boy, $4200 for 6kW system

I think also Schneider and Outback Skybox.
The Radian is also capable.

Let’s not forget Studer as well. They also have some pretty extensive documentation on the subject.

There are 2 Chinese companies (including Huayu) with new models/product lines rolling out for the US market. We’re working on becoming distributors for them. They are designed to compete with SOL-ARK directly. Models will cover 5KW through 12KW split-phase AC output. Up to 24KW PV.

If anyone wants to try one of the new 8KW models (not Huayu, another brand) rolling for review/beta testing, post it here or let me know. We're taking preorders now and I'll post the manual below. Again these are part of the initial rollout and the company behind this unit deals in grid storage ESS systems among other things.

This one varies from Deye in several ways but it serves basically the same functionality. There are 4 independent 12A MPPT's for one thing. The LCD is also a bit more limited than Deye's. Functional but limited.

It will come with a monitoring solution but I don't have full details on it yet. I'm sure the functionality will be fleshed out over the next few months and you'll have access to the updates as they roll out.

This is a short production run so stock will be limited. Will be available to ship out in about a week or 2.

48V Split Phase Hybrid Inverter Image 2.png

1634536407199.png
1634536433107.png

Attachments

• 48V Split Phase Inverter.pdf
    660.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 48V Split Phase Hybrid Inverter User's Manual (2).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
If anyone wants to try one of the new 8KW models (not Huayu, another brand) rolling for review/beta testing, post it here or let me know. We're taking preorders now and I'll post the manual below. Again these are part of the initial rollout and the company behind this unit deals in grid storage ESS systems among other things.

This one varies from Deye in several ways but it serves basically the same functionality. There are 4 independent 12A MPPT's for one thing. The LCD is also a bit more limited than Deye's. Functional but limited.

It will come with a monitoring solution but I don't have full details on it yet. I'm sure the functionality will be fleshed out over the next few months and you'll have access to the updates as they roll out.

This is a short production run so stock will be limited. Will be available to ship out in about a week or 2.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254

Sounds good ... but what is this :

Nominal voltage (Vdc) : 48V
Battery Voltage Range : 85 - 400V

Is it a 48V battery inverter or a HighVdc (85-400V) battery inverter ?

Sounds good ... but what is this :

Nominal voltage (Vdc) : 48V
Battery Voltage Range : 85 - 400V

Is it a 48V battery inverter or a HighVdc (85-400V) battery inverter ?
Yeah, that's a typo from the factory. I didn't catch it before. They have another model that is high voltage (85-400V) and they just copied the datasheet from that unit and changed the values.

It's definitely a 48V inverter.

Yeah, that's a typo from the factory. I didn't catch it before. They have another model that is high voltage (85-400V) and they just copied the datasheet from that unit and changed the values.

It's definitely a 48V inverter.

OK I will check this inverter what can do. (y)
Until now Deye seems to be the best option.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
At the moment these units cannot parallel. Hopefully they Will be able to do it in future

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
I badly need a Deye or another hybrid inverter capable of exporting battery power to the Ac-in port. Would this fit the bill?

I badly need a Deye or another hybrid inverter capable of exporting battery power to the Ac-in port. Would this fit the bill?
This will work but it's essentially a low-cost non-stackable version of the Deye so if you need more than 8KW, I recommend the 10KW version of the Huayu inverters. They are rolling out in a month or so and I recommend anyone who wants one to pre-order soon. You're welcome to message me for pre-orders. We're in the process of partnering with Huayu and will be fulfilling those as soon as they roll off of production.

The 12KW version of the Huayu inverters is still under R&D but will hopefully be available after the first of the year. Getting past 10KW with consistent results is proving troublesome but we've almost got it.

I recently enquired about the 12k....they didnt indicate on going test they were ready to sell me some units....

Back