diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid Split-Phase Inverters - Discontinued in favor of SOL-ARK

If anyone wants to try one of the new 8KW models (not Huayu, another brand) rolling for review/beta testing, post it here or let me know. We're taking preorders now and I'll post the manual below. Again these are part of the initial rollout and the company behind this unit deals in grid storage ESS systems among other things.

This one varies from Deye in several ways but it serves basically the same functionality. There are 4 independent 12A MPPT's for one thing. The LCD is also a bit more limited than Deye's. Functional but limited.

It will come with a monitoring solution but I don't have full details on it yet. I'm sure the functionality will be fleshed out over the next few months and you'll have access to the updates as they roll out.

This is a short production run so stock will be limited. Will be available to ship out in about a week or 2.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
would you happen have a website to gather more info ?

If anyone wants to try one of the new 8KW models (not Huayu, another brand) rolling for review/beta testing, post it here or let me know. We're taking preorders now and I'll post the manual below. Again these are part of the initial rollout and the company behind this unit deals in grid storage ESS systems among other things.

This one varies from Deye in several ways but it serves basically the same functionality. There are 4 independent 12A MPPT's for one thing. The LCD is also a bit more limited than Deye's. Functional but limited.

It will come with a monitoring solution but I don't have full details on it yet. I'm sure the functionality will be fleshed out over the next few months and you'll have access to the updates as they roll out.

This is a short production run so stock will be limited. Will be available to ship out in about a week or 2.

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
I also noticed that the CT are place after the load. Is this another typo?

Attachments

• 20210921_082653.jpg
    20210921_082653.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 32
Sadly we don't have any listing online for these yet and our main website for our new launch is being worked on.

The OEM making these doesn't even have a listing for them yet on their own website (Megarevo). They are just now rolling them out for sample testing and these will show up as OEM models from various companies, some of whom are creating new chassis for them to make them look unique.

Parallel/stacking will be available later this year or early next year in the form of a firmware update (or should be).

I also noticed that the CT are place after the load. Is this another typo?
Yes. That is the first public revision of the manual and it has errors for sure. The next page however shows the configuration correctly.

1634671747856.png

The documentation talks about KS and KL models. What's the difference?

This is still being fleshed out but typically the KL designation is for the rack-mounted version of the inverter. Deye had/has one also. It's very nice. I'll have to confirm that is the case though.

It's not quite "Deye" quality yet but it's looking to be a lower-cost alternative. We're working out pricing now. PM me for quotes and pre-orders.
When do you expect the preordering to start?

Last edited:
Yeah, they ran into issues with it so it's no longer going to be shipping out but the 10KW is available.

Or will be I should say.
They were a possiblity untill i got to the mppt max amp of 14 per string and max battery capacity of 66kw...both are to low for my application.

When would you recommend the Megarevo over the Huayu? Will both brands have UL certification?

When would you recommend the Megarevo over the Huayu? Will both brands have UL certification?
Both will have UL. For now the Megarevo will be good for simple, single unit installations with both critical and non-critical loads. Smaller homes with lower budgets. We're planning on having a low cost ~9-10kWh battery to match it before long.

The 5KW will be a good unit for the smallest of grid-connected systems.

They were a possiblity untill i got to the mppt max amp of 14 per string and max battery capacity of 66kw...both are to low for my application.
I actually prefer this specific feature over Deye's dual MPPTs. 4x 12A MPPT instead of 2x 22A MPPTs. Great for multi-angle/multi-pitch homes.

Where did you see it noted 66kWh?

Last edited:

View attachment 69259

View attachment 69253
View attachment 69254
Can't wait to see it in action!

Both will have UL. For now the Megarevo will be good for simple, single unit installations with both critical and non-critical loads. Smaller homes with lower budgets. We're planning on having a low cost ~9-10kWh battery to match it before long.

I actually prefer this specific feature over Deye's dual MPPTs. 4x 12A MPPT instead of 2x 22A MPPTs. Great for multi-angle/multi-pitch homes.

Where did you see it

Where did you see it noted 66kWh?
They have it listed on the spec sheets...on the website.

This might be the link you're looking for:

Megarevo battery kwh.png

This might be the link you're looking for:

View attachment 69662

Ah, yes. I see the confusion. Those specs are for the high-voltage series and do not apply here at all. Note the battery voltage. The HV inverter is an entirely different beast. The LV 48V inverter is not listed at all currently on the site.

Ah, yes. I see the confusion. Those specs are for the high-voltage series and do not apply here at all. Note the battery voltage. The HV inverter is an entirely different beast. The LV 48V inverter is not listed at all currently on the site.
Can you post or send the specifications plz

Sure, which specifications are you looking for?

The 48V models have their specifications listed here:

48v model doesnt state the battery voltage range...up to 60v? 63? They are not clear

Back