diy solar

diy solar

Deye hybrid SUN-12K project. Battery from Cool-Li?

FilipMalm

Hi everyone, I am planning to install a hybrid inverter with solar panels and batteries in my grid-connected house (3-phase 400V EU) shortly. And would appreciate your comments. I was all set on a Sungrow SH10RT but as these don't seem to be available within the next few months I'm considering other options. Closest to hand are Deye SUN-10K-SG or Growatt SPH 10000TL3.

I will largely use this system to charge the batteries from the grid during the hours the electricity price is low and then power my home during hours of high price. I also have the option of outputting power to the grid.

So an important function for me will be being able to control which hours of the day I charge or use energy from the battery. It is almost a requirement for me to be able to control this scheduling remotely. So which of these, Deye or Growatt do you think would suit me best?

Deye is the only one that will allow you to setup a time of use schedule for the batteries. I don’t know how their webased software works but since it has most of the capabilities of the Sol-Ark I assume you can fully monitor and change all the settings remotely. It is also a reliable design so it should be a good fit for your needs.

Thank you Robby. Got that idea too after reading through the manuals. The Deye hybrid inverter seems to be really competent with a lot of possibilities. Just ordered a 3-phase 12kW, looking forward to starting installation in the coming months.

Hi, so a Deye 12kW hybrid is orderd?
Next up is battery. Deye data says 40-60V battery range. Thinking of using 51,2V modules instead of 48V. (LFP 16S) Shuld be 58,4V fully charged.

Can anyone confirm that this works?
Thanks

51.2V refers to 16s LiFePo4 battery, 3.65Vx16=58.40V when fully charged.
Pre-build 16s battery packs are arranged in two rows of 8 cells.

48.0v refers to 15s LiFePo4 battery, 3.65Vx15=54.75V when fully charged.
Pre-build 15s battery packs are arranged in three rows of 5 cells.

These two variants are NOT to be inter-mixed with each other.
If you initially invested on a 16s, the next batteries should 16s.

And if you plan on doing a DIY Battery, get Seplos Mason (completely compatible with Deye).
OR just buy prebuilt albeit +25%~50% cost: less Drama, less Headache, with Warranty.

Rule of Thumb: 16S stores more energy than 15S...
Lastly, Deye (SunSync, Sol-Ark) is SOLID. You wont regret with that purchase.

For a 12KW inverter the minimum amount of batteries you will need is 10KWh worth of LFP batteries. Two 5k in parallel should be the min.
Ideally if you sized the 12k based on the house consumption you will need 20-40KWh of batteries.

Thank you for your response, sounds promesing.
Have orderd 51,2V/800Ah (40kWh) rack style battery in cabinet from https://www.coolithium.com/
4 modules with 36pc of 100Ah cells. (16S2P)

Anyone using their batterys?

8580usd ex. shipping
Any progress on the order for battery and the inverter? Looking at the same inverter, and some similar batteries. Maybe raw cells and built the system. Have you consider controlling the system automatically? Seems like solar-assistant can provide the integration for it.

I've bought my 8kw Deye from these people.
Everything worked out allright - no faults, reasonably quick delivery, but you really should be looking for sellers that are known to provide good post-sale support, if someone can recommend them.

The risk I had to take was the unit laid unused for around two moths when my trade protection has run out.
So if you buy from Alibaba try to test the unit quickly so you can claim the protection if needed.

Btw I think it was this thread where I learned that the scheduled charging is supported by the inverter and this is why I bought it. It charges the battery automatically for me during the cheap night hours.

Last edited:
Back