diy solar

diy solar

Deye Inverter AS/NZS 4777 Compliance

HateGrid

I would like to use the Deye / SunSync 7.6/8/8.8KW Hybrid Inverter, but I'm having trouble tracking down the certification test report for AS/NZS 4777 which is required for me to get the installation approved. I've tried contacting SunSync and Deye directly, but haven't heard anything back in over a week. SunSync has reports for the 3KW and 5KW inverters, but nothing for the 8KW variants.

I've emailed the Australian distributor, but if anybody else knows about this information, please let me know.

I was able to get the AS/NZS 4777.2 test report directly from Deye today and have a detailed look over the next few days and see if I can submit it to the power company for approval.

Who was the importer?
I'm currently trying to get a pair of 5kw units, speaking with Deye over Alibaba they said the single phase units are OK - but the 3 phase units are still in progress

Who was the importer?
I'm currently trying to get a pair of 5kw units, speaking with Deye over Alibaba they said the single phase units are OK - but the 3 phase units are still in progress
I was the importer. I got the approvals for Orion submitted and verified, so if you are in the South Island, you're welcome :)

The three phase inverters must be going through testing since they have been ready to ship anyday since January. I got two pallets of the 8KW inverters and have done 2 in parallel without any trouble. Haven't tried 3-phase generation yet.

Ahhh NZ! gotcha - thanks! :)

Well i'll thankyou after i get my units here in Aus

In Australia, you can get the SunSynk - check out https://www.sunsynk.org/distributors. It is the same hardware, but I think has different firmware in it. If the price is too high you can order the Deye from China. Deye likes to sell pallets of the units, so you may have better luck ordering from another seller on Alibaba.

The inverters are good quality.

@HateGrid
I'm guessing this all worked out? How did you deal with the requirement for an SDOC? Did you do it yourself? Or did you end up not needing it?

I'm looking at getting 2 5kW units.
Deye are apparently working on compliance to the new AS/NZS4777.2:2020 standard, so would be looking to order it once that comes through.

Yes, everything has worked out so far. Two 8KW inverters and 14 kW of panels are all installed and have been working in zero export mode for the last 3 months. On a warm day (25C), the fans will kick in after about 30 minutes at a sustained 4KW output for each inverter. The batteries are still waiting on final parts and inspection before I can start using them.

No SDoCs needed in my case since I was the importer, I just showed the electrician and inspector the AS/NZS4777 certificate and they were both happy with that.

-Eric

Thanks Eric. I was thinking, worst case, if the network wants to see it, I can create one myself, referring to the AS/NZS4777.2 approval certificate.

Yes, everything has worked out so far. Two 8KW inverters and 14 kW of panels are all installed and have been working in zero export mode for the last 3 months. On a warm day (25C), the fans will kick in after about 30 minutes at a sustained 4KW output for each inverter. The batteries are still waiting on final parts and inspection before I can start using them.

No SDoCs needed in my case since I was the importer, I just showed the electrician and inspector the AS/NZS4777 certificate and they were both happy with that.

-Eric
Did you end up selling your spare inverters already? Guessing you ended up with 5-10 of them?

Thanks Eric. I was thinking, worst case, if the network wants to see it, I can create one myself, referring to the AS/NZS4777.2 approval certificate.
Yes, as far as I know, the SDoC basically says that you have verified that the goods meet the requirements.

Did you end up selling your spare inverters already? Guessing you ended up with 5-10 of them?
Yes, I did a swap of selling them at cost in exchange for buying the solar panels at cost.

Nice. Keep us posted on your batteries.
Here's where I'm up to at the moment.

My panels should be on the ship by now leaving shanghai.
Batteries are installed, working on battery protection and cabling. Not very confident they will last long, but they just cost me a bit of sweat and sore muscles getting them installed.
Waiting on inverters to be approved. So I can get them ordered.
And my electrician is on board.

20220129_153403.jpg

Nice battery rack! Those are lead-acid / gel cells, right? Here I'm required to install fireproof materials around the batteries and inverters, so I have 10mm magnesium oxide board on the wall instead of gib and that is on top of steel framing.

Batteries will go below the inverters and be bolted to the floor for seismic restraint.

1643966246606.png

Nice battery rack! Those are lead-acid / gel cells, right? Here I'm required to install fireproof materials around the batteries and inverters, so I have 10mm magnesium oxide board on the wall instead of gib and that is on top of steel framing.

Batteries will go below the inverters and be bolted to the floor for seismic restraint.

View attachment 82403
Yeh. Valve regulated lead acid. I don't have to put up fire proof material around the batteries, but putting some fibre cement board up behind and above where the inverters will go ( to the right if the batteries) that's one of this weekends jobs.

@HateGrid any chance I could get a copy of that test report? I'm in the same boat with a 8kw deye inverter in North Canterbury

Back