diy solar

diy solar

DEYE Inverter UL Listed available in US

I paid $2100 shipped for the 8K Deye. But I don't think I'm getting a warranty. Rolling the dice. I like the integrated battery/charging and time-of-use configuration/intelligence.

$2100 + shipping right?, around $2400 for me.

I don't think it would be fair to compare a Deye to a Radian when you're talking price points. To get a complete 8K Radian System (OutBack FPR-8048A-01) you're going to spend close to $7000 (unless you are an installer/dealer). That would be the only thing that one could "compare" to an 8K all-in-one Deye IMHO. Besides that, the Deye has CAN bus BMS support. The Radian doesn't (dealbreaker for me). Overall my opinion is that the eff of the Radian system is likely a bit lower than the Deye. I cannot say that definitively but that is my best guess. That said, I've been selling off Outback equipment (new stock and used units) to other installers as I simply see no reason to deploy them anywhere. Replacing them with Victron/SMA. I'd likely even replace a field unit (Outback) with a Deye, once I've thoroughly tested them.

I don't think it would be fair to compare a Deye to a Radian when you're talking price points. To get a complete 8K Radian System (OutBack FPR-8048A-01) you're going to spend close to $7000 (unless you are an installer/dealer). That would be the only thing that one could "compare" to an 8K all-in-one Deye IMHO. Besides that, the Deye has CAN bus BMS support. The Radian doesn't (dealbreaker for me). Overall my opinion is that the eff of the Radian system is likely a bit lower than the Deye. I cannot say that definitively but that is my best guess. That said, I've been selling off Outback equipment (new stock and used units) to other installers as I simply see no reason to deploy them anywhere. Replacing them with Victron/SMA. I'd likely even replace a field unit (Outback) with a Deye, once I've thoroughly tested them.
A ~$2k pricepoint does make more cost sense, but who knows how long it's going to last. At that price point a Phocos might be a better bet.
So far I'm into my Radian 8048 system for about $4950: Radian $3720, Mate3s $430 and three Midnite Classic 250 CPs for $825.
Right now I'm getting nickle-and-dimed to death on the balance of system: cables, breakers, breaker panels, etc, etc, etc.
The radian/mate3s natively speaks modbus and is fully sunspec alliance compatible. The inverter is 92-94% efficient above 800 watts, about 80% below it.
I think I'm going to stack another GS4048A-1 on it for a 12k system, if you've got a good deal I'd like to hear about it.

A ~$2k pricepoint does make more cost sense, but who knows how long it's going to last. At that price point a Phocos might be a better bet.
So far I'm into my Radian 8048 system for about $4950: Radian $3720, Mate3s $430 and three Midnite Classic 250 CPs for $825.
Right now I'm getting nickle-and-dimed to death on the balance of system: cables, breakers, breaker panels, etc, etc, etc.
The radian/mate3s natively speaks modbus and is fully sunspec alliance compatible. The inverter is 92-94% efficient above 800 watts, about 80% below it.
I think I'm going to stack another GS4048A-1 on it for a 12k system, if you've got a good deal I'd like to hear about it.

It's true, who long it will last is an issue for sure. So far from what I have seen, it appears to be at least 85-90% on par with other tier 1s such as Victron or Studer. I would place it at nearly the top of the Chinese units available. But again, I would like to see a teardown or get one in my hands to test. And I may do that in the coming months. If anyone has any photos of the internals, I would definitely be game to see them.

I totally get piecemealing. PM me if you'd like and I can quote you for a single GS4048A-01.

With regards to eff, that sounds like it's in line with Schneider and Magnum I believe. The latest Victron's are up to 96% which is in line with SMA/Studer but also drop off under lower power loads. All inverters do though so not strange. This is one reason I like the idea of stacking smaller inverters so I can stay at a higher eff when the loads are sub 1KW (which tends to be the average around here). There is more upfront cost(s) but in the end a person ends out more efficient IMHO due to the extra inverters shutting down when not needed. For example, I would stack 3 5KVA MPII units long before I would install a single 15KW Quattro.

No, $2100 was with DDP shipping included.
I have been researching the DEYE 8kw unit today and if I go with it I will likely get 2 of the units and parallel them. I like the Solark 12 but I am just not going to buy 2 of them. Are you in the US and if so do you mind telling me where you bought your DYE and about how long ago ?

For others above ,another difference in the solark is that it allows net zero meter capability and it also allows for A portion of PV as AC coupled and a portion as dc coupled and I think to get maximum pv input you have to have a mix of both. The main difference in the solark 8 and 12 is the 12 can be used in parallel and yes the max AC wattage is similar maybe 1,000 watts difference or so. The sunny Islands 6kw can supply 7kw for 3 hours and about 8400 for 30 minutes and 11,000 for 1 second . David Poz has yt video overloading 2 SI s, so they act as a much larger inverter for most purposes.

I ordered this page 8K. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.43832fc2bw09ka Actually just a couple weeks ago, so haven't got it yet.

Rosen Solar actually had it available for $200 more air shipped DHL, but with DAP and claimed it was covered by warranty (I don't believe it).. and when I tried to order it, they actually linked the order to an 8K Growatt unit and put a TON of other crap on the order for $1 (standard practice they said). They also said they would put a lower price on the invoice (sample) to lower duty taxes... I'd avoid them, tons of red flags for me.

The sunny Islands 6kw can supply 7kw for 3 hours and about 8400 for 30 minutes and 11,000 for 1 second . David Poz has yt video overloading 2 SI s, so they act as a much larger inverter for most purposes.

That's 30 minutes, 1 minute, 3 seconds. Starting at 25 degrees C.

With Sunny Island you can put Sunny Boys on them and get whatever AC they produce from PV in addition.

That's 30 minutes, 1 minute, 3 seconds. Starting at 25 degrees C.

With Sunny Island you can put Sunny Boys on them and get whatever AC they produce from PV in addition.
I am sure you are correct I didn't go back and review specs but I know you got the idea
Thanks.

I ordered this page 8K. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.43832fc2bw09ka Actually just a couple weeks ago, so haven't got it yet.

Rosen Solar actually had it available for $200 more air shipped DHL, but with DAP and claimed it was covered by warranty (I don't believe it).. and when I tried to order it, they actually linked the order to an 8K Growatt unit and put a TON of other crap on the order for $1 (standard practice they said). They also said they would put a lower price on the invoice (sample) to lower duty taxes... I'd avoid them, tons of red flags for me.
I looked at the link and I see the charge for shipping to US which other suppliers refuse to do BUT i see nothing indicating this is th US split phase version rather than the EU model. Did I miss something ?

Here are internal photos of what I believe to be the Deye 8kw. It is re-labeled as Amensolar.
If anyone can upload internal photos of a unit branded "Deye" I would like to compare photos to confirm or deny my unit is a real Deye, not a clone or knock-off.

Attachments

• 20201209_140529.jpg
    20201209_140529.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20201209_140536.jpg
    20201209_140536.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201209_140543.jpg
    20201209_140543.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20201209_140649.jpg
    20201209_140649.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20201209_141559.jpg
    20201209_141559.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201209_141603.jpg
    20201209_141603.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201209_141608.jpg
    20201209_141608.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201209_141646.jpg
    20201209_141646.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201209_141651.jpg
    20201209_141651.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20201209_141707.jpg
    20201209_141707.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 66
Here are internal photos of what I believe to be the Deye 8kw. It is re-labeled as Amensolar.
If anyone can upload internal photos of a unit branded "Deye" I would like to compare photos to confirm or deny my unit is a real Deye, not a clone or knock-off.
If I end up getting DYE unit I will post pics. Is the unit you have 5kw or 8kw . I looked at the website . the MC3 type hookups for PV is both good for air sealing and might have to step down PV wire size if 6 or 8 gauge etc . I guess the large rectangular object from bottom right is the wifi dongle. I assume your unit is stackable. Unrelated question how close does the unit have to be to service panel to connect the CT sensors or are they wireless? Are you happy with the unit?

Is the unit you have 5kw or 8kw .
It is the 8Kw.
I guess the large rectangular object from bottom right is the wifi dongle.
It is the port for the wifi antenna that attaches externally.
I assume your unit is stackable.
Yes, with the stacking kit. I did not purchase the kit as my loads do not require anything larger. However, I am considering stacking so as to double A/C charging current.
Unrelated question how close does the unit have to be to service panel to connect the CT sensors or are they wireless? Are you happy with the unit?
I did not open the CT boxes so I do not know distance or if wireless. I have not installed the unit yet so I can't say how happy I am.

I bought 5 of these to get a better price. My intention was to install 1 or 2 and sell the other 3 or 4, but life sent me in another direction and requires that I be in another location 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

It is the 8Kw.

It is the port for the wifi antenna that attaches externally.

Yes, with the stacking kit. I did not purchase the kit as my loads do not require anything larger. However, I am considering stacking so as to double A/C charging current.

I did not open the CT boxes so I do not know distance or if wireless. I have not installed the unit yet so I can't say how happy I am.

I bought 5 of these to get a better price. My intention was to install 1 or 2 and sell the other 3 or 4, but life sent me in another direction and requires that I be in another location 24/7 for the foreseeable future.

Here is a video that shows some of the inside of a 5kw DEYE probably the European one

Yeah the Dye 8kw I saw on eBay looks like someone might have been doing the same thing to pay for theirs.

Here is a video that shows some of the inside of a 5kw DEYE probably the European one

Yeah the Dye 8kw I saw on eBay looks like someone might have been doing the same thing to pay for theirs.
I subscribed to his channel. In his recent vids he is rebuilding a Deye 5Kw that failed.

I do not expect to "pay" for mine, just reduce the cost. I conversed with the guy on Ebay but we couldn't agree on a price. He is in Miami and was just trying to recoup his cost, but I think he is now trying to import more for resale.

Who says the grey market isn't going strong. :cool:

Yep thats exactly what I thought, especially since he has selling up to 4 of them (even though it says 4 or more only 4 are available.). I thought of doing that myself especially since I would probably need 2 of them. I would at least like to have one and get experience with it first though. I also see at least one chinese company that sells LifePo batteries like the 280 amp ones at a cheaper price and wait a month or 2 to get them or a more expensive price to get them delivered from US warehouse in a few days and they do the same for europe etc.
Guess we could write our own solar systems off if we resold them as a business expense!!! I am surprised Battery Hookup doesn't have new LiFe Po prismatic cells for sell yet.

Maybe it's because this is the 8k, but it looks almost nothing like my 12k SolArk.
I haven't opened the main panel, but the only similarities are a few of the connectors. I have several breakers for the grid connections, etc. built in

I'd like to hear from someone who has the SolArk 8k if this looks like theirs.

Maybe it's because this is the 8k, but it looks almost nothing like my 12k SolArk.
I haven't opened the main panel, but the only similarities are a few of the connectors. I have several breakers for the grid connections, etc. built in

I'd like to hear from someone who has the SolArk 8k if this looks like theirs.
Not sure exactly where I saw it but there was a PIC of what the DEYE unit looked like a few years ago and it looked much like the current Solark, Bet they redesigned exterior as part of some agreement with Solark.

There are two videos on YouTube of a guy at a factory in China, it seems, dismantling screw by screw a Deye 8K. Watched them a few weeks ago but for the life of me I cannot find them anymore....

There are two videos on YouTube of a guy at a factory in China, it seems, dismantling screw by screw a Deye 8K. Watched them a few weeks ago but for the life of me I cannot find them anymore....
Yes I think that video was mentioned in another thread I read but I dont think they had a link to it.

Back