diy solar

diy solar

DEYE Inverter UL Listed available in US

I sprung for the EMP option, so this pic would show any enclosure differences.
View attachment 37400

There is definitely more to it. Ferrites were put on every wire coming from the panels and there are more that go on the battery cables. I haven't opened up the top, so I don't know whats up there. (yet)

From what I can see in the lower section, it is significantly different than the images of the Deye 8k.
View attachment 37401
Sure, the style of the PV connectors is the same, and the usage of RJ45 connectors for the communication is consistent. Other than that, this bears very little resemblance to the pics that @JakeinCanada ans @mrdavvv shared above.
@Haugen So it appears you have the NEMA enclosure, the newest version that can be mounted in the elements. I have the older version that is not NEMA rated. My model did come with the ferrets also even through I did not purchase the EMP upgrade. It would be interesting to compare your model with someone who bought the similar non EMP model.

So what is your ETA in getting the batteries hooked up to your unit? Are you doing the work are have you hired someone out. Today was a great day for production in my area, 34kwh! 1st time since Oct. that we broke 30. Hurry up so you can catch the rays.

@Haugen
So what is your ETA in getting the batteries hooked up to your unit? Are you doing the work are have you hired someone out. Today was a great day for production in my area, 34kwh! 1st time since Oct. that we broke 30. Hurry up so you can catch the rays.
Working on bus bars as I have time. Got discouraged by quotes from machine shops, so I ordered bar stock and started cutting. Drilling the holes precisely without a mill has been the challenge. I want to make one hole oblong by about 0.100 to account the tolerances in the cell dimensions.
Also working on the plates to compress the strings of cells.

I'm in Central Florida so as long as I'm done before hurricane season, I'm in good shape. It's not like it will snow down here.
For now, I'm running it as a regular grid-tied system.

Looks like this doesn't show UL certification anymore. Am I missing something?

That its not the official vendor in Alibaba, maybe thats why. The factory is Ningbo Deye Inverter.

Send me a PM and i refer you to the salesgirl (Sophia)

Yes, complete with 2 CT’s, and wifi monitoring. Yes I’m connected to split phase. My cost with shipping, import fees, taxes total $2023.00 us, however they did not provide a warranty in our country. I’m not an electronic type guy, but it looks well build to me. The name plate does show a UL rating #

Yes, complete with 2 CT’s, and wifi monitoring. Yes I’m connected to split phase. My cost with shipping, import fees, taxes total $2023.00 us, however they did not provide a warranty in our country. I’m not an electronic type guy, but it looks well build to me. The name plate does show a UL rating #
Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of your setup / install of the two inverters and how you connected the battery bank and PV. Thanks

I noticed in 100fuegos link to the Deye site that the 8K and 10K aren't UL1741 or Rule21 certified but this is what it says about the 12K:

SUN-12K-SG01LP3 Certifications and Standards

Grid Regulation UL1741, IEEE1547, RULE21, VDE 0126, AS4777, NRS2017, G98, G99, IEC61683, IEC62116, IEC61727

In the same table the 8k and 10K are missing the first three certifications.

I have an inquiry about the 12K with the reps at this site: https://sunshine.en.made-in-china.com/product/oyOTFiLVMwrY/China-12kw-Hybrid-Inverter.html where you will find the same information as above, plus a price! I will update if/when they respond to my request for 1 unit shipped DDP to my house.

Last edited:
I noticed in 100fuegos link to the Deye site that the 8K and 10K aren't UL1741 or Rule21 certified but this is what it says about the 12K:

SUN-12K-SG01LP3 Certifications and Standards

Grid Regulation UL1741, IEEE1547, RULE21, VDE 0126, AS4777, NRS2017, G98, G99, IEC61683, IEC62116, IEC61727

In the same table the 8k and 10K are missing the first three certifications.

I have an inquiry about the 12K with the reps at this site: https://sunshine.en.made-in-china.com/product/oyOTFiLVMwrY/China-12kw-Hybrid-Inverter.html where you will find the same information as above, plus a price! I will update if/when they respond to my request for 1 unit shipped DDP to my house.

OK, I did my best. I had a very pleasant email interchange with "Alice" who at first led me to believe that there might be a possibility that if I only installed it in my home and didn't promote it to other people in the US, I could buy one. In the end, she obviously got word from higher up that this was a big no no and shut me down (in a very nice way). Their exclusive agreements with Sol-Ark in the US and Sunsynk in South Africa are not to be violated. She mentioned that she believed Sol-Ark would be able to brick the unit remotely if they found it on the interwebs phoning home or whatever it might do. And then I would face a "customer's interrogate." No one's got time for that. I did my best. It seems like they are looking for someone to help them open up a market in Australia/New Zealand, so if that is your bag, they are looking.

OK, I did my best. I had a very pleasant email interchange with "Alice" who at first led me to believe that there might be a possibility that if I only installed it in my home and didn't promote it to other people in the US, I could buy one. In the end, she obviously got word from higher up that this was a big no no and shut me down (in a very nice way). Their exclusive agreements with Sol-Ark in the US and Sunsynk in South Africa are not to be violated. She mentioned that she believed Sol-Ark would be able to brick the unit remotely if they found it on the interwebs phoning home or whatever it might do. And then I would face a "customer's interrogate." No one's got time for that. I did my best. It seems like they are looking for someone to help them open up a market in Australia/New Zealand, so if that is your bag, they are looking.
Interesting. I doubt Sol-Ark would even know since their dongle IDs are different than what Sol-Ark uses. I tried to use DEYEs iOS app since it had some different features than what Sol-Ark offers but I was unable to register my Sol-Ark 12k on their network, the serial numbers are not shared across companies. So I would think it would be impossible for Sol-Ark to know who is using a DEYE or Sunsynk version in the US.

Have you (or anyone) tried the vendor that I linked in the 1st post?

Wondering if anyone has purchased one who lives in the US/CA and installed it..?

Interesting. I doubt Sol-Ark would even know since their dongle IDs are different than what Sol-Ark uses. I tried to use DEYEs iOS app since it had some different features than what Sol-Ark offers but I was unable to register my Sol-Ark 12k on their network, the serial numbers are not shared across companies. So I would think it would be impossible for Sol-Ark to know who is using a DEYE or Sunsynk version in the US.

Have you (or anyone) tried the vendor that I linked in the 1st post?

Wondering if anyone has purchased one who lives in the US/CA and installed it..?
I may be missing something, but that vendor isn't selling these inverters as far as I can see. The link on the first post redirects to the generic list of inverters (https://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/inverters). Let me know if I am being clueless.

Appears they no longer offer the DEYE inverter from their web page. The 1st link that I posted now redirects to the main inverter page. The 2nd link still works and points to the DEYE manual that is still hosted on their site. It is too bad they no longer offer but it may be something if you call they could confirm if still available.

Sun (same as Deye) is distributed in Canada by Lynac in Thunderbay Ontario Canada.

Attachments

• E3A36B0E-9931-417B-9370-E4441C3DFA91.jpeg
    E3A36B0E-9931-417B-9370-E4441C3DFA91.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 37
Great thread so far! So what's the verdict on the deye 8kw inverters for US markets? Is it permitted without bricking the unit remotely or is it a no-go?

Also, has anyone tried the other private label rebranded versions of the deye inverters other than sol-ark?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back