diy solar

diy solar

DEYE Inverter UL Listed available in US

Maybe for markets other than the U.S., which use the same voltage and frequency (or adjusted to 50 Hz), so use a "US" model?
(to give them the benefit of the doubt.)

Maybe for markets other than the U.S., which use the same voltage and frequency (or adjusted to 50 Hz), so use a "US" model?
(to give them the benefit of the doubt.)
Like most of the carribean...120/240 60hz...

would simply means that the manual was probably edited and added on to by sol-ark, and is printed the same for a devices the same...

mass printing to keep costs down

I never knew the brand on the one Electric Car parts was selling that had similar specs and features either that they are no longer listing.

deye isnt selling in the us...
us buyers cant buy directy from deye, maybe through a grey market reseller
Good luck to all of those people with a Deye inverter when they need technical support! This is not like buying some arbitrary item around he house, if your off grid and the Deye goes down your going to be on generator power until the unit is fixed or replaced. You might as well forget that 5 year warranty, I am pretty sure that you will be emailing into the wind if something goes wrong.

Good luck to all of those people with a Deye inverter when they need technical support! This is not like buying some arbitrary item around he house, if your off grid and the Deye goes down your going to be on generator power until the unit is fixed or replaced. You might as well forget that 5 year warranty, I am pretty sure that you will be emailing into the wind if something goes wrong.
Or you could ask questions here... ?
Also, there are a lot of folks who may be able to help like Johnny Valentine or Engineer775.

Or you could ask questions here... ?
Also, there are a lot of folks who may be able to help like Johnny Valentine or Engineer775.
I get the fact that for some people this is more of a Hobby type affair and I know that is pretty much what this forum is about, but for me this is a big outlay of cash on a critical system for my home and my families comfort.
Forums are never an option for repair when the magic smoke is coming out of your inverter. Everyone will tell you the same thing, "Call Deye". My first guess is that even if you reach a Deye rep they will tell you that they don't sell Inverters in the USA.

In that case, Sol-Ark could have a legit claim for contract violation against Deye for selling in the US.
I have seen lots of companies go down this rabbit hole, even worst cases like the ones that have fake versions of their products dumped in the USA via Amazon resellers, eBay and other grey market sellers. The Chinese companies pretty much just play dumb and act like they don't know what you are talking about. That is exactly why they will never honor a warranty in the USA, it would be proof that they are knowingly selling outside of their market.

At this point, if I have a failure of my SMA system, what I can do (besides flip the bypass switch, or decommission one and run with the remaining inverters), is pull a box off the shelf and hang a replacement.
Then address repair of the unit I took offline, whether warranty or DIY.

When you buy a Deye instead of a Sol-Ark, how many can you buy for the same cash?
You could have the spare hanging already with a bag over it to keep dust off. Just move over some flexible conduit. Or throw a transfer switch and swap some MC and Anderson connectors.

So far the tech support has been quick..i sent a question about the rsd power connections( location) and recived a return email in an hour(it was night time there) so i am not so worried...youtubers that have used deye and had issues were sent replacement parts...i dont know how timely they were shipped but seems as tho they worked with him and sent parts to have repair done. If you want anymore first hand factual info on a deye 8k i will be happy to answer.

I get the fact that for some people this is more of a Hobby type affair and I know that is pretty much what this forum is about, but for me this is a big outlay of cash on a critical system for my home and my families comfort.
Forums are never an option for repair when the magic smoke is coming out of your inverter. Everyone will tell you the same thing, "Call Deye". My first guess is that even if you reach a Deye rep they will tell you that they don't sell Inverters in the USA.
Agreed. I am not saying to buy a Deye, or not buy a Sol-Ark. They are great inverters. I just wish that Sol-Ark would just be more reasonable from a price perspective so you dont need to mortgage your house to buy one.

So far the tech support has been quick..i sent a question about the rsd power connections( location) and recived a return email in an hour(it was night time there) so i am not so worried...youtubers that have used deye and had issues were sent replacement parts...i dont know how timely they were shipped but seems as tho they worked with him and sent parts to have repair done. If you want anymore first hand factual info on a deye 8k i will be happy to answer.

Parts shipped from China! That currently takes several weeks unless they plan on sending it by Fedex or DHL Air for big $$. Anyway most people are not going to have the ability to strip down an Inverter and Identify what parts are needed. Also from your posts I think you are not inside the USA, so do you have any experience with someone in the USA actually getting parts? If so who does the repairs?

Warranty was one of my questions to Sol-Ark and their reply was that they will ship out a replacement unit if mine is not working. I could fix my own inverter on a component level but as I said this is not a Hobby for me and I don't plan on putting a 74lb inverter on my bench and spending a day working on it and a week waiting on parts from Digikey or Mouser.
I am paying for that Warranty and I choose a company that has a very good track record of delivering on their warranty promises.

I don't really want to dive much into this for a variety of reasons but we've discussed the terms of becoming Deye's third agent in the USA with them directly and they currently have 3 fully licensed agents including SOL-ARK. SOL-ARK is NOT exclusive. The initial terms are, simply put, a requirement to buy at least 1 full container per month of hybrid inverters or roughly 300 pcs. This is not hearsay or speculation, it's straight from Deye.

Sourcing 5KW & 8KW split-phase SG01LP1-US units for us has been a non-issue and we're working on ramping up to becoming an agent/distributor in our region (Central America/Caribbean). Currently installing and operating units in Belize, even speccing full micro-grids with them. They have been rock solid so far, they are our replacement/new offering in place of the aging Outback Radians/Magnum inverters. Any units bought through me are backed by a 5-year warranty but I'm hoping to extend that as time passes. We believe the units we receive are built to the same standard as the SOL-ARK inverters but time will tell.

That said, the units are increasing in both lead time and cost from the factory with the chip shortage among other things.

Last edited:
Agreed. I am not saying to buy a Deye, or not buy a Sol-Ark. They are great inverters. I just wish that Sol-Ark would just be more reasonable from a price perspective so you dont need to mortgage your house to buy one.
According to them the 25% tariff that the last administration put on is the main reason for the price being so high.
Putting that aside from my own experience seeing a Sol-Ark clone side by side with a Sol-Ark, there is just no comparison in the quality of the two. My first choice in systems was SMA but after researching and getting Quotes on A sunny boy and two sunny islands plus the switch over box it was a lot more expensive than the Sol-Ark 12K and was only giving me 6KW of power.
I still love SMA but they really need a Hybrid Inverter, they are not keeping up with the times.

Last edited:
I don't really want to dive much into this for a variety of reasons but we've discussed the terms of becoming Deye's third agent in the USA with them directly. They currently have 3 fully licensed agents including SOL-ARK. SOL-ARK is NOT exclusive. The initial terms are, simply put, a requirement to buy at least 1 full container per month of hybrid inverters or roughly 300 pcs. This is not hearsay or speculation, it's straight from Deye.

Sourcing 5KW & 8KW units for us has been a non-issue and we're working on ramping up to becoming an agent/distributor in our region (Central America/Caribbean). Currently installing and operating units in Belize, even speccing full micro-grids with them. They have been rock solid so far, they are our replacement/new offering in place of the aging Outback Radians/Magnum inverters. Any units bought through me are backed by a 5-year warranty.

That said, the units are increasing in both lead time and cost from the factory with the chip shortage among other things.
I am just asking this for Deye owners in the USA. If they buy a Deye on eBay etc and have an issue will you repair or replace the unit under warranty or is it only applicable to units that you sell in SA and the Caribbean? If you will replace burnt out units that would be great news for US owners.

Back