diy solar

diy solar

Deye not charging according to Time Of Use.

Yvos

Hello,

I am new here, and i recently installed a Deye 5Kw inverter + 2 Lithium batteries ( 15s 48V100ah Liotimes 4.8kwh ) + 8 x 550w solar panels.

The 2 batteries are connected to a busbar>breaker>inverter
and the master battery connected through CAN to the inverter, and to the slave battery through RS485

Time of Use is set to always charge from Grid and percentage is set to 100% (because we don't have grid available for more than 6 hours a day distributed randomly during the 24hrs)

The issue is that I always have a battery discharged a bit more than the other, and when my battery percentage is lower than 100% its not automatically charging back. so I have to turn the batteries Off then On and they will start charging again until they reach 100% then will drop after few minutes for 99% and stays there until there is no Grid or Solar power.

I will attach my settings and a small video.

Video:

CAN port pinout : 123456 (I cut 7 and 8 from)

Version Information
Protocol Version:V0.2.0.1
Lithium Battery Version Number:V0.0.0.0
HMI:VC.3.5.6
MAIN_1:V3.3.7.2
MAIN_2:V0.5.1.3

Battery
Battery Voltage:50.03V
Battery Current:-0.33A
Battery Power:-16W
SoC:99%
Total Charging Energy:100.2kWh
Total Discharging Energy:86.8kWh
Daily Charging Energy:1.2kWh
Daily Discharging Energy:0.7kWh
Battery Type:lithium

BMS
BMS Voltage:49.98V
BMS Current:0A
Charge current limit:0A
Discharge Current Limit:200A
Current capacity:99%
BMS Charge Voltage:54.6V

Hope someone can help me solve this issue.

Thank You,
Yves

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpeg
    1 (1).jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 1 (5).jpeg
    1 (5).jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 1 (3).jpeg
    1 (3).jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1 (4).jpeg
    1 (4).jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1 (2).jpeg
    1 (2).jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 63
Hi.
You need to set the battery discharge floor percentage, here is a pic of my settings, I have it set to 35% and the voltage floor at that setting is around 42v.
If you leave it set to 100% the batteries with never discharge.

Attachments

• IMG_1344[1].JPG
    IMG_1344[1].JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 121
Hi,
i tried this as well. it didn't work. and set 95% instead of 99%
when the battery is charging it reaches 95% and stops, but will not recharge unless it drops to 90% or less.
i noticed in the battery information when I click it on the Deye. it reads Current Charge limit 0A when over 90%
under 90% it reads 40A , under 80% it reads 80A and so one it increases as the battery percentage decreases.

so probably the BMS is controlling the charging not the Deye.

PS: if the batteries are over 90% and not charging automatically, if I turn them off then on they will start charging.

Hi,
when the battery is charging it reaches 95% and stops, but will not recharge unless it drops to 90% or less.
i noticed in the battery information when I click it on the Deye. it reads Current Charge limit 0A when over 90%
under 90% it reads 40A , under 80% it reads 80A and so one it increases as the battery percentage decreases.

PS: if the batteries are over 90% and not charging automatically, if I turn them off then on they will start charging.
Hello,

I am new here, and i recently installed a Deye 5Kw inverter + 2 Lithium batteries ( 15s 48V100ah Liotimes 4.8kwh ) + 8 x 550w solar panels.

The 2 batteries are connected to a busbar>breaker>inverter
and the master battery connected through CAN to the inverter, and to the slave battery through RS485

Time of Use is set to always charge from Grid and percentage is set to 100% (because we don't have grid available for more than 6 hours a day distributed randomly during the 24hrs)

The issue is that I always have a battery discharged a bit more than the other, and when my battery percentage is lower than 100% its not automatically charging back. so I have to turn the batteries Off then On and they will start charging again until they reach 100% then will drop after few minutes for 99% and stays there until there is no Grid or Solar power.

I will attach my settings and a small video.

Video:

CAN port pinout : 123456 (I cut 7 and 8 from)

Version Information
Protocol Version:V0.2.0.1
Lithium Battery Version Number:V0.0.0.0
HMI:VC.3.5.6
MAIN_1:V3.3.7.2
MAIN_2:V0.5.1.3

Battery
Battery Voltage:50.03V
Battery Current:-0.33A
Battery Power:-16W
SoC:99%
Total Charging Energy:100.2kWh
Total Discharging Energy:86.8kWh
Daily Charging Energy:1.2kWh
Daily Discharging Energy:0.7kWh
Battery Type:lithium

BMS
BMS Voltage:49.98V
BMS Current:0A
Charge current limit:0A
Discharge Current Limit:200A
Current capacity:99%
BMS Charge Voltage:54.6V

Hope someone can help me solve this issue.

Thank You,
Yves
Hi Yves,
Did you manage to solve your issue?

With your specific batteries, it is caused by your BMS sending incorrect data to the inverter, CCL does not change (charge current limit) so the inverter keeps charging at max power until the BMS cuts off due to cell overvoltage and stops charging.

I would suggest you use Battery % mode instead of lithium to temporarily solve your issue until you can upgrade BMS firmware, set float and absorb voltages to 51V max charge current to 100A.

so I have to turn the batteries Off then On and they will start charging again until they reach 100% then will drop after few minutes for 99% and stays there until there is no Grid or Solar power.
I have a Sol-Ark and as you know, your Deye is similar in nature I imagine. Anyway I was seeing 100% SOC then 30 minutes later it went to 99% and hovered there until it was nighttime and I started discharging through the night (as expected, per my TOU settings). Anyway, I contacted Sol-Ark they said it truncates the percentage. So, 99.97% SOC , the Sol-Ark knocks the decimal off and shows 99%. The batteries BMS says they are 99.97% SOC , but the Sol-Ark shows 99% . As mentioned, you can change your settings to show voltage instead of percentage, if you want to see. And/or you can look at your batteries SOC. Not sure if this info solves your issue or not but thought I'd mention.

Hi,

Yes, BMS controls charging & discharging current limits.

You can set current limits in the Deye battery setup but they are overrided by the BMS if inverter value > BMS value. If inverter limits < BMS limits, inverter settings will be used.

That being said, BMS charging limit should change to 0 when batteries are 100% charged, not 90%. Obviously. Might be a communication issue.

As others have said, you could try to to use battery % or voltage instead of lithium / BMS communication to see if it solves the problem. Don't forget to unplug the communication cable in this case ...

Unselect "activate battery" first : that may be the cause of the issue. It's only to very slowly charge depleted batteries ...

I have the same inverter, batteries do not charge when my grid is disconnected, instead, it take very low watts from the battery and remaining from PV to run to the home load.
I have a Huawei ESM-48100b1 battery one more issue is I am not able to connect to BMS communication should I try modifying the cable?

Back