diy solar

diy solar

Deye Parallel 8kW not working the same

System is now exactly like a TN-C-S MEN system.
Good :) In the AC out part did you use a relay for off-grid connecting N+PE ?

The Deye are definitely both or none. I can sort of understand because everything is divide by two in the master and sent to the slave. The grid CT is only connected to the master so the slave would not work if not communicating with the master. Might have been possible for the master to keep going if the slave was lost but more complex logic. If you change certain settings in one they are automatically changed in the other.
They have internal CT too. Maybe on that setting ?
You know things always happen when you are not home.
If you are in a one week holiday abroad and your home power system stops ... thats a mood killer :)

Yes they say SunSynk, Deye, Sol-Ark will work and seems like they have the same interaface
That is good news. I like it :)

Good :) In the AC out part did you use a relay for off-grid connecting N+PE ?
No. Grid and UPS N are both connected to the neutral bar in the main board which is MEN connected to the local earth. This is exactly as Deye diagram and the E of the UPS load on the Deye is not connected.

No. Grid and UPS N are both connected to the neutral bar in the main board which is MEN connected to the local earth. This is exactly as Deye diagram and the E of the UPS load on the Deye is not connected.

The Australian style. You know for that I wrote that for the parallel inverter diagram they use the EU style separated neutral :)
Where the AC out N is not connected to AC in N.

The Australian style. You know for that I wrote that for the parallel inverter diagram they use the EU style separated neutral :)
Where the AC out N is not connected to AC in N.
Parallel EU diagram shows no PE-N connections at all.

There is no Parallel diagram for Australia/NZ/SA configuration. I have followed standard AU practice.

I would not use a relay anyway. It is not a reliable protection device. In any case the four neutrals are all connected together for 99% of the time and all equally earthed through the single PE-N link in the main board.

Anyway many thanks for the esoteric discussion on earthing systems. It is a topic that is not properly understood by many in the industry.

I would not use a relay anyway. It is not a reliable protection device. In any case the four neutrals are all connected together for 99% of the time and all equally earthed through the single PE-N link in the main board.
All the inverters use it :)
But if you go with the Australian style then you can connect AC out N+PE together. Like a second MEN link.
It is really not a second because all this is before the RCD ... so on the same level.

Anyway many thanks for the esoteric discussion on earthing systems. It is a topic that is not properly understood by many in the industry.
Oh jee, not an easy task :)

All the inverters use it :)
But if you go with the Australian style then you can connect AC out N+PE together. Like a second MEN link.
It is really not a second because all this is before the RCD ... so on the same level.
Yes because they disconnect the L and N when the grid fails so they can't pass the N through the device and maintain the PE-N link (this is for grid tie inverters. For off grid inverters with grid connection where the two L's are never connected together they hard wire the N through the device and maintain the grid N earthing on the off grid side). Hence they give you an output for a UPS PE-N link but If you connect the grid N to the UPS N then this is the connection that exists for 99% of the time anyway and is just maintained when the inverter disconnects from the grid so the N-PE bond is seamless and the same. If you ask an electrician here what an RCD is they would not know!!! All my sub boards have RCDs but you won't find them anywhere else. There is also no wire colour standard!!!!

Back