diy solar

diy solar

Deye pulling from grid whilst solar generate excess electricity

Shauwil

Good day

I need some advice. I recently had a Deye 5kW grid tied inverter installed at my house. When the solar array generates more that what I consume, the inverter still pulls from the grid -see pic. Which setting can I change in order to stop this from happening?

I have seen anything from 0.01 to 0.21 being consumed from the whilst the battery is full or when the array generates enough power.

Attachments

• 20211004_081209.jpg
    20211004_081209.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 94
Is your Deye set for "Limit to Home" setting? To ensure there is no power sent back to grid, the inverter will always pull some power from grid.

This is intentional so no power is ever sent to grid in a zero input setting

Is your Deye set for "Limit to Home" setting? To ensure there is no power sent back to grid, the inverter will always pull some power from grid.
My inverter is set to zero export to load and zero export power is set to 000

Attachments

• 20211011_163938.jpg
    20211011_163938.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 72
This is intentional so no power is ever sent to grid in a zero input setting
My problem is not sending to grid but rather using from grid when solar is generating sufficient energy and the battery is full

Yes it always takes a little power from the grid when set to Zero Export. You can adjust this value. See attached setting page. This one is set to 50W but they recommend between 20 and 100W.

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 79
Yes it always takes a little power from the grid when set to Zero Export. You can adjust this value. See attached setting page. This one is set to 50W but they recommend between 20 and 100W.
I had it at 020 previously but is did the same. Do you have a grid tied system and does it do the same or not? I see that yours is zero export to CT

I had it at 020 previously but is did the same. Do you have a grid tied system and does it do the same or not? I see that yours is zero export to CT
I have a CT connected to the grid connection so the inverter can supply both the UPS load and other loads on the grid. hence it is set to Zero Export to CT

Any solution for this problem ?
I have mine set for load priority first, and zero export to CT, with 50w as export value. But still have solar sell on.
This means that it will supply load first. Then charge battery. Once battery charged or there is excess of solar it will sell to battery. Otherwise powering load means the inverter will only inject into grid enough to measure 50w still being pulled from grid.
This is not a problem, everything is working as intended.

I have mine set for load priority first, and zero export to CT, with 50w as export value. But still have solar sell on.
This means that it will supply load first. Then charge battery. Once battery charged or there is excess of solar it will sell to battery. Otherwise powering load means the inverter will only inject into grid enough to measure 50w still being pulled from grid.
This is not a problem, everything is working as intended.
"Then charge battery. Once battery charged or there is excess of solar it will sell to battery." You mean to the grid right ?
In your case, you are still selling to the grid small amount (50W). My case it's different, I can't sell anything to the grid and I am still measuring 1.3 Amps at the input of the inverter.

"Then charge battery. Once battery charged or there is excess of solar it will sell to battery." You mean to the grid right ?
In your case, you are still selling to the grid small amount (50W). My case it's different, I can't sell anything to the grid and I am still measuring 1.3 Amps at the input of the inverter.
Yes sorry I meant, once there is excess of solar and battery is charged or charging at max rate, then it will supply rest to load. If load is saturated, rest will be sold to grid.
I'm not selling any power from the battery to the grid. I set the zero export to CT to 50w. That means the inverter compensates for house load exactly enough to continuously still PULL 50w from the grid. The only time power is being exported to the grid is when there is solar excess, as mentioned in the first sentence of this post. Power is never pulled from battery and sold to grid, unless you set it up that way (pointless waste of your battery)

Around 60-75w is normal consumption, but it draws it from the battery and not the grid/solar.

Did you find a solution?
There can not be solution at all for this. Why DEYE and other invertors need this 20w? They use it to get grid sinus and to synhronize with sinus they are producing from solar panels. This is needed for taking extra power from grid immediately if solar power is not enough. If someone will develop system without this 20w then, when you will need extra power from grid electricity will blink (router rebut, e.t.c). All hybrid invertors do that. Deye 5kwt, deye12 kwt are using same 20w, not for consuming, but for synhronization with grid. The only way to avoid this: Turn off grid and go offgrid. Unfortunately we are paying this 20w/h for comfort of immediate power switching.

There can not be solution at all for this. Why DEYE and other invertors need this 20w? They use it to get grid sinus and to synhronize with sinus they are producing from solar panels. This is needed for taking extra power from grid immediately if solar power is not enough. If someone will develop system without this 20w then, when you will need extra power from grid electricity will blink (router rebut, e.t.c). All hybrid invertors do that. Deye 5kwt, deye12 kwt are using same 20w, not for consuming, but for synhronization with grid. The only way to avoid this: Turn off grid and go offgrid. Unfortunately we are paying this 20w/h for comfort of immediate power switching.
The problem is that the inverter is pulling more than 20w, in fact the inverter is pulling around 300w. The only workaround is to switch the system to off-grid as you mentioned in your reply. My problem is that I am not able to switch the system to off-grid. Is it related to specific firmware ?

In some configurations shown on some forums, I noticed that they keep the input circuit breaker on but on the screen it is showing off grid. Kindly check attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 19
Back