diy solar

diy solar

Deye-SUN 8kW off-grid inverter

Nbdy

Hi,

New here,but have a problem, I have the deye-sun 8kW off-grid inverter,but it has 500V and 0A on the display ...

The limiter is showing all 3 phases in positive ...

Is that OK,or should they be in negative ???

I'm little mad be cause have it for 3 years only with problems,if any other info is needed please say ...

Have no manual,not for inverter or limiter ...

thx in advice

Yes,about a year,but in 3 steps,this is the 3-rd inverter I got in this 3 years,all in guarantee ...

Ok ...
What was the failure mode of the first two?

Could be you're doing something at the edge of damage.
Heat and humidity are two things that damage electronics.
Over-voltage is another.

What is Voc of your PV array?

One MMPT vas broken, it worked only on one "line",the second one was off,or should i say 0V/0A,but on cables 500V ...

sorry for my english,I'm from croatia

Before startng the inverter, make sure that the inverter can meet the following conditons, otherwise it may result in fire or damage to the inverter. In this case, we do not undertake any responsibility. To optmize the system configuraton, it is recommended that the two inputs be connected to the same number of PV modules. a). The maximum open voltage of each set of PV modules shall not exceed 550Vdc under any conditons. b). Each input of the inverter beter use the same type of PV module in series. c). Total output power of PV shall not exceed the maximum input power of inverter, each PV modules shall not exceed the rated power of each channel.

this I have found on deye ...

I managed to get 455W output,now it's a little late for testing (18.23 PM) and the sun is low ...

Come tomorrow and writte if it will be OK

MPPT broken suggests excessive voltage, or excessive current, or excessive heat.
Some equipment can't handle what the manufacturer specified, could be more reliable if kept further from the limits.

So you found "550V". The link I found said "500V"

What model PV panel do you have? What is its Vmp an Voc spec?
How many panels do you have in series?

Do you have a meter you can (safely) use to measure voltage of MPPT input?

455W now - what voltage and what amperage does it display?

415V/0.6A and 413V/0.10A ...

There are 15 pcs in series 285W each per MTTP ...

Vmp and Voc I dont know

Maysun panels ...

The selles said that all should be OK with the calculations of panels and all other ...

Maysun 285W, Vmpp = 32.21V, Voc 38.97V

15 x 13.97 = 585 Voc at 25 degrees C. That will rise about 0.284%/degree in cold weather, 11% increase if -15 degrees C.
If your inverter is rated for 1000V you're fine, if 500V you're not.
Sun-8K-G03 says 1000V max, 120V to 850V operation, so that seems fine.

Impp = 8.85A, so your 0.6A, 0.1A are low.

Pulled down from 500V to 412V with such low current, probably cloudy or sun coming at a steep angle.
Have to see how it performs with full sun tomorrow.

"Limiter" what is that? A gizmo to prevent you from exporting to the grid?
When people see little power from panels, sometimes it is because battery is full.
Doesn't look like yours has battery, but it does have zero export.

Sorry,had a mess at home ...

Limiter is a device that limits the mail current draw from grid,and uses the inverter current (newbee explanation) ...
Yes, a gizmo to prevent you from exporting to the grid ...

Well now all works OK, for 3 days, hope it lasts, have seen that the old inverters were 500V,and this one is 1000V, so hoping that it will not drop dead like the other 2 ...

THX for all help and advices

Well now all works OK, for 3 days, hope it lasts, have seen that the old inverters were 500V,and this one is 1000V, so hoping that it will not drop dead like the other 2 ..

Maysun 285W, Vmpp = 32.21V, Voc 38.97V

15 x 13.97 = 585 Voc at 25 degrees C. That will rise about 0.284%/degree in cold weather, 11% increase if -15 degrees C.
If your inverter is rated for 1000V you're fine, if 500V you're not.
Sun-8K-G03 says 1000V max, 120V to 850V operation, so that seems fine.

Yes, new model being rated for 1000V on PV and old rated for 500V would explain previous failures and the new one shouldn't have problems.

Rather than 15s PV panels into each MPPT of the 500V model, if 7s2p and 8s2p had been used, voltage would have been within spec.

Here's a link that says 550V max for some (single phase) models. The calculated 585 Voc of 15s would have been near the limit, further over when cold.

Hi, here I'm again with troubbles ...

Well I have some errors ... AC_WU_UnderVolt_Fault - F42
and AC_WU_OverVolt _Fault - F41

It happens trough all day,somtimes an hour,somtimes 2 hours ... sometimes 15 minutes ...

It started 27.08.2021. didn't notice it till past few days when one of my rigs startet rebooting with no cause,no error ...

Any advices ...

This is the 3rd inverter that is put in 3 years,all in guarantie, but non did work more than 3-4 month without troubble ...

All advices welcome,and thx in advance ...

greets

EDIT : forgot to mention that at night when the inverter don't work,the rig is working perfectly,so I think it's somthing with it ...

"F42 AC line low voltage Grid voltage fault 1. Check the AC voltage is in the range of standard voltage in specification; 2. Check whether grid AC cables are firmly and correctly connected; 3. Seek help from us, if can not go back to normal state."

F41 - not found in this particular manual I located.

Your posting is under "Off-Grid Inverters", but is this grid-connected?
The error appears to refer to utility grid AC voltage.

Over-voltage can occur if you have long skinny wires and you feed lots of power into them. (or bad connection, use DMM to check voltage drop from inverter terminal to utility connection.) Under-voltage when you draw lots of power.
You might be able to program the inverter to drive lower AC current into grid, and to limit current from grid by supplementing from grid.
You may be able to widen the max/min AC voltage it accepts.
There are also line stabilizers (brand name Line Tamer, etc.) that are ferro-resonant transformers. Big, heavy, expensive, inefficient. But they take care of spikes and brief dropouts.

Back