diy solar

diy solar

DGJDB BMS Discharge Switch

LanduytG

Solar Enthusiast
I have my batteries built and BMS hooked up but its not allowing current to pass because it says the discharge switch is off. Been trying for and hour to turn this on but can't find where in the settings to do so. Any help is appreciated.

Greg

OK went to the function settings and the switch function is off. In the other 2 batteries if this function is turned on it will not allow discharge. But they are turned off and they work. I guess I need to go through all parameters to see if another setting is not allowing it to come on.

Greg

OK went to the function settings and the switch function is off. In the other 2 batteries if this function is turned on it will not allow discharge. But they are turned off and they work. I guess I need to go through all parameters to see if another setting is not allowing it to come on.

Greg
Can you put up a screenshots of this please.
I've just got my jbd and hopefully will install next week.

I don't know about the JDB BMS but on my JK BMS it will not turn on until you put in a charge voltage that is a few volts higher than the current battery volts. That little step had me a bit confused. My small test pack was near full charged so my charger was not a high enough voltage difference to start it. But on mine, the Bluetooth would not even link. If your App is up, it is likely a setting. Can you read all the cell voltages? Are they all in the safe range between high and low cut off?

"Discharge off". I am having the same issue that discharge is set to off and I can't turn it back on. Everything appears to work perfectly except that one major detail. I remember in a Will Prowse video he addressed this but I can't seem to find it. I seem to remember Will shorting it somehow but I don't want to just randomly short my BMS. Please help

I found the solution and that was to purchase the iOS Pro app and turn the discharge on. I'm sure it can be done in the Android app but just don't see it.

Greg

Cogratulations. Thanks for letting me know. I have spent many hours trying to figure it out with no luck. Unfortunately I don't have any iOS devices. So he quest continues.

I just downloaded by chance to see if anything was different. Right away it said FET software locked. Which you see that on Android. But it has 2 buttons that says battery off battery on. So I hit battery on and it came alive. I know their has to be something similar on Android.

Greg

Cogratulations. Thanks for letting me know. I have spent many hours trying to figure it out with no luck. Unfortunately I don't have any iOS devices. So he quest continues.
In cell phone app go to tap "function settings" and set first two items "switch function & load check" to off
That's how I mine to work again

In cell phone app go to tap "function settings" and set first two items "switch function & load check" to off
That's how I mine to work again
Thanks, that worked for me, was driving me mental... going to look at what those 2 settings are for :)

Just to bump this up for internet search visibility-
Friend had a LifePo4 battery with JBD BMS. Discharge was off and switching it on had no effect, although the app seemed to think it was successful.
In the settings I found the “switch” setting. Presumably there are contacts for a physical switch and this setting being on means the missing switch is deemed to be off.
Not sure how this setting got changed. Possibly reset itself when battery was left dead for some time.

CB2CFE14-0939-4BD0-B33E-D645AE309EA8.jpeg

Back