diy solar

diy solar

Did anyone else run out and buy a 48V EG4 battery after watching Wills Video?

Rather than EG4, consider a couple of Ampertime 12v 400ah. Just a bit more money, but quality is just as good.
On second thought, I forgot that Signature Solar has a 12v version. I have three 48v EG4 from Signature Solar, and opened one up. Very impressive quality, and cost less than Ampertime.

Quote; "I've been watching these batteries for a while now, but have a question and hoping they can be answered here.
Can these batteries be drawn down from 48 volts to 12 volts? I was hoping to get two, wire them in parallel for a total of 800ahs to power my bus conversion."

your lack of knowledge is rather disturbing and will lead you into getting hurt or worse a family member. I am not telling you what to do but it would be to your advantage to learn everything you can before taking on this adventure.

Regards,
Marathonman
MarathonMan Maintenance guy,
Thank you for your response. I am inexperienced, and have only really been watching videos and learning on the surface. I am a ways off from actually building the electrical system. Hence me coming here and asking a question and so far receiving some good feedback. I will continue to learn and thus ask questions. I am a long time lurker and first time poster.

Regards,

Ian

Back