diy solar

diy solar

Did anyone else run out and buy a 48V EG4 battery after watching Wills Video?

robby

Photon Vampire
After Watching Wills latest Video on the EG4 51.2V 100aAh battery I went out and Pre Ordered the LCD Version.
I don't typically impulse buy anything but this battery ticked all the right boxes for me. Anyone else Pre Order after watching the video?

I had already preordered prior to Wills video. If they weren’t sold out already I expect they will shortly. Last batch came in through the port of Houston, so maybe they can avoid the delays experienced in LA.

Do they have UL certificate to allow for grid tie certification ?, I think that's what is missing

I had already preordered prior to Wills video. If they weren’t sold out already I expect they will shortly. Last batch came in through the port of Houston, so maybe they can avoid the delays experienced in LA.
It says something about an 8 week wait. I assume the ones that came in already are spoken for?

RayfromTX, Can you speak to the problems you were having with your BMS?

I called them today to see what the delivery date was really going to be and they said 8-10 weeks.
If Will says he delayed putting up the video until stock was already in the USA I kind of wonder why it would take them that long to get them shipped. Meanwhile my brain is pondering what else Will had under that Blanket of stuff that he said he could not show. Maybe I jumped the Gun and there are even better batteries coming out in the next couple of weeks.

I called them today to see what the delivery date was really going to be and they said 8-10 weeks.
If Will says he delayed putting up the video until stock was already in the USA I kind of wonder why it would take them that long to get them shipped. Meanwhile my brain is pondering what else Will had under that Blanket of stuff that he said he could not show. Maybe I jumped the Gun and there are even better batteries coming out in the next couple of weeks.
Mine took 10 weeks back in July. They are pretty good from all of the reviews. David Poz did a 6 month review of them along with several other topics. You won't regret getting them.

Mine took 10 weeks back in July. They are pretty good from all of the reviews. David Poz did a 6 month review of them along with several other topics. You won't regret getting them.
Thanks for the info, which model did you get?

I want 6 of the standard batteries and a rack. But I also don’t want to give them 10k with no guarantee I will see them or my money back. I emailed them and asked if I can put say $1000.00 down and pay the rest when they are read to ship from Texas. that was yesterday haven’t heard anything yet.

I want 6 of the standard batteries and a rack. But I also don’t want to give them 10k with no guarantee I will see them or my money back. I emailed them and asked if I can put say $1000.00 down and pay the rest when they are read to ship from Texas. that was yesterday haven’t heard anything yet.
I seriously doubt that is going to happen because of the high demand.
They charged me instantly for my order. That is pretty unusual as most companies do not run the cc payment until they are ready to ship.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger and purchased the 48v 100ah! Can't wait to get it.
That is the same thing I ordered. I am expecting that in another 6 weeks it should be shipped.
I really hope they don't pull a shipping delay excuse, the dates they already gave take into account the current delays in shipping from China.

Just an FYI for all of you good folks. These prebuilt Rackmountables are certainly an excellent option, heck, wish they were available 2 years ago !
But I discovered that there are Many Companies making these types of assemblies, including brands like EVE, CATL, Huawei (yes the cell phone co, but it's much bigger) and more. Even Singineer & Yiyen both Tier-2 Quality Chinese Inverter companies manufacture them and are available on Alibaba / Xpress.

Do a SEARCH for "Telecom Rack mount Lifepo battery" on google and see everything that pops up....
Also you can look here at a "Made-in-China" search for similar...

Spoke with my credit union today and told them what I was trying to buy and the cost $10,085.00 after shipping. They told me that my debit card though them has 90 days of protection if something goes wrong. They told me to call them the day I make the order and they will turn my card daily limit up and flag that purchase in the system with a note of what’s happening.

Spoke with someone at signature solar today. she told me I should see my order within 1 month when I order. So Monday morning I plan to order 6 48v models with the 6 battery rack.

Just an FYI for all of you good folks. These prebuilt Rackmountables are certainly an excellent option, heck, wish they were available 2 years ago !
But I discovered that there are Many Companies making these types of assemblies, including brands like EVE, CATL, Huawei (yes the cell phone co, but it's much bigger) and more. Even Singineer & Yiyen both Tier-2 Quality Chinese Inverter companies manufacture them and are available on Alibaba / Xpress.

Do a SEARCH for "Telecom Rack mount Lifepo battery" on google and see everything that pops up....
Also you can look here at a "Made-in-China" search for similar...
Just had a look... Seems as though whomever is dealing with Signature Solar over there is way ahead of the ball game. Maybe Signature is influencing them? I don't know, but the "others" features don't even come close to what the EG4LL's are offering. Plus EG4 has a "track record" If your going for just the "cells" then have at it. If you want to hedge against tech for the next 6 months then go EG4.

Last edited:
Contacted Signature Solar today and they said that my order of the EG4 LL 48V would ship at the end of this month or first week of December. It seems like anybody that ordered right after Will's video came out is on that list. She said something about the set after that is arriving at the end of December. I am really looking forward to this as it will take another 2.5 hours of grid power off my electric bill every day.

Contacted Signature Solar today and they said that my order of the EG4 LL 48V would ship at the end of this month or first week of December. It seems like anybody that ordered right after Will's video came out is on that list. She said something about the set after that is arriving at the end of December. I am really looking forward to this as it will take another 2.5 hours of grid power off my electric bill every day.
I cannot wait to get my order along with an order from another company for my inverter. My wife and I just moved into our 400sf tiny home today. I’m powering it with a Chins 12.8v 300ah battery and a reliable power inverter off Amazon. Right now we have no solar so we change off a 700w Baja propane generator powering a Victron charger.

Back