diy solar

diy solar

Did I get scammed with counterfeit Victron equipment?

williaty

I ordered a bunch of Victron parts from Amazon and the first of it showed up today. The SmartShunt and GX Touch 50 showed up in generic white cardboard boxes, no branding at all with less internal organization than I expected. I've never seen Victron stuff in anything other than Victron-blue, branded, and highly designed packaging. Did I get scammed with counterfeit products, is this some other kind of scam I haven't thought of, or is Victron just having supply chain woes and shipping stuff like an AliExpress seller now?

I asked you guys because I figured it'd take me a while to get a reply from Victron since it's after business hours. To my surprised, they replied while I was eating dinner! It turns out there's a few Victron products that get packaged in plain white boxes rather than the normal blue/orange photo printed boxes and I managed to order almost everything they sell that way :ROFLMAO:

So false alarm, these are real!

I bought a Cerbo GX, Touch 50, MK3 and a couple other items from a verified Victron dealer. Most of the boxes were plain white. The one box that had a sticker was touting the 5 year warranty.

Victron is quite careful about who is selling their stuff. They have a database of vendors and they are actively checking retail sites like Amazon for large sales of equipment from unauthorized sellers. One of the Victron authorized vendors (not a distributor) was notified that items that were sold through them were showing up on the retail market, contrary to what Victron allows.

I recently ordered a Victron Distributor from Signature Solar that arrived today. Good service, ordered Tues night and received (in So Cal) Saturday before noon… during thanksgiving week. Excellent.

I too was surprised to open the shipping box and find a plain white box since the 2 other Victron items I’ve received (from the Amazon death star) have been in the traditional blue and orange Victron packaging.
Same conditioning from pics of Victron items I’ve seen on shelves in stores etc.
Perhaps I just didn’t notice white boxes.
Which is why I checked this forum.
So I’m somewhat relieved to read the white box is common.
This forum is a great resource, thanks for posting your Victron white box experiences. ?? ???

Attachments

• 4872636E-DDB6-4489-B826-F5555AD9FB91.jpeg
    4872636E-DDB6-4489-B826-F5555AD9FB91.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 43DFC9AE-17C0-43AC-B938-CD36B4757E1E.jpeg
    43DFC9AE-17C0-43AC-B938-CD36B4757E1E.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back