diy solar

diy solar

different size bus bars

RossA

Hey everyone, I got a pack of 8 304 AH EVE cells from Docanpower a few weeks ago. They came with 8 bus bars but that isn't enough for me to hook them up in parallel for top balancing. I ordered a 36" copper bar off of amazon that I thought was going to be the same size as the bus bars that came with the batteries but it isn't exactly the same. The new copper bar is a little narrower, but almost twice as thick as the other bus bars. I was wondering if it is okay that the bus bars might have a little bit of a different amp capacity. Since each bus bar is only 4" long or so, I wonder if it really matters because of how short they are. Unfortunately the new copper bar isn't long enough for me to just get rid of the original bus bars, and I will need to use some of each.

What are your thoughts on this?

If the cross sectional area is close & the material is the same, I can't imagine a problem, but I am not up on the fine points of balancing.

BTW, iron has 6x the resistance of copper IIRC.

I got a set of bus bars I like best from my 1st purchase from Docan Power a few months ago; from their Texas warehouse for fast shipping, best packaging, and what looks like a better quality 280Ah LiFePO4s than my previous two purchases. I like the extra width of these bus bars for what I imagine is slightly better amp capacity PLUS the ability to more easily clamp over batteries with bulging sides. I have had some tight fitting bus bars on some grade B battery bulges. These bus bars have oblong clamp hole that can accommodate a little bit more spacing between battery terminals: I recently ordered some to update my whole battery pack to have all the same bus bars like these: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003394582521.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.0.0.1696f19cJu9WyL

Back