diy solar

diy solar

Difficult to determine which simple inverter can be trusted in the 2k to 3k range..

Yeah, I had heard about that with the AIMS version, was hoping it wasn't the case with the Sig as the prices are really good. If the Sig or AIMS could be set to just output a steady current, you could use a dc to dc charger and charge your lifepo4 that way I guess. Would still probably save money they are so cheap.

How about that Samlex 3000, does it support lifepo4 charging correctly?

IIRC, setting for Gel keeps the peak voltage low and shortens the absorption voltage notably.

In addition to the advice already given, you should be sure to watch the "Oh no Its a Smoke" video linked in Sunshine_Eggo's signature and avoid some of those models like the plague!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Not a joke! Explode!

After shipping would probably be about the same, but ECPC provides actual support.
Really? My one experience with them was very sad. They couldn't tell me anything about the 24v 200AH BestGo batteries I bought from them. Thankfully BestGo in China is super responsive.

But before that they left me feeling like they pulled a bait and switch on what was in stock vs. what hadn't cleared customs yet. When you've paid someone almost $5k for something that's "shipping out in a few days" changes to "a few weeks" to "maybe next month" it can raise the blood pressure. Emails were never returned and every time I called about the order I was transferred from one person to the next one, none of who could even find the order in thier system but promised to call back then never did. That's my 2 cents....

I do agree with buying something from someone you can get actually support from.

Samlex support is top notch and fast.
They are Very programmable configurable.
very reliable and quite capable.

I use 80A charging from genset when needed. That pulls 120V/23A from Jenny and provides Pass-through to home as well.

Fyi the 4024 is 96% efficient as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had heard about that with the AIMS version, was hoping it wasn't the case with the Sig as the prices are really good. If the Sig or AIMS could be set to just output a steady current, you could use a dc to dc charger and charge your lifepo4 that way I guess. Would still probably save money they are so cheap.

How about that Samlex 3000, does it support lifepo4 charging correctly?

I have a Samlex EVO 2224 Inverter Charger. It is 24VDC in and 120VAC out with 2200 Watts. The Samlex EVO series is very programmable. The charging can essentially be programmed to any value. There are several Lifepo4 charger settings. So yes, it will charge a Lifepo4 battery correctly.

The Samlex EVO series has 12, 24, 48 volt input and 120 VAC output inverter/chargers with the 48 volt unit supporting 120/240 VAC Split phase.

The Samlex EVO 4248SP is on the short list for an inverter/charger when I need 120/240 split phase.

Last edited:
Back