diy solar

diy solar

Digi Marker Lithium

Canuck Sailor

Good afternoon - I've seen a couple of ads for Digi Marker batteries. You can see them at https://www.bestdigimarker.com/
Does anyone have any experience with this company's batteries? And please, stay on topic here - this is not a plug for them or some other play, so let's not go there with comments.
I'd like some educated responses from people who have either bought these or are otherwise familiar with them. I am considering them as a replacement for a 400 ah lead acid bank in my sailboat, but the low price concerns me. Is this too good to be true?
The 135 ah, which I'm considering, has a maximum charge/discharge rating of 50 amps. That seems low. The 200 is rated for 100 amps.
Edit - yes, I'm aware that I can build a better product than buying one. I don't need advice on that, thanks. I'm considering all options before I undertake this project and this is one of them.

Last edited:
Hello Canuck Sailor, this may come a bit belated for you but it may serve other members to know that this company does not honour any of it's advertised promises. I purchased 8 100ah 12.8V batteries from them on Ebay. I did not (foolishly) test them for capacity before connecting them in a 4S2P configuration to form a 10Kwh battery connected to a 5Kw Growatt of gridd inverter. It took me a couple of months to work out that the system was not performing. As my time to invoke buyer protection on Ebay had passed I contacted them directly and they requested I send them a video showing them the testing process. I SEND THEM A VIDEO OF THE CAPACITY TESTING PROCESS AND AN ACCOMPANYING RECORD OF THE PERFORMANCE OUTPUTS OF EACH OF THE BATTERIES' CAPACITIES. EACH ONE OF THESE ON AVERAGE 25% BELOW THE ADVERTISED CAPACITY WITH ONE OF THEM AT 65%. AFTER THIS THEY REFUSED TO ANSWER ANY OF MY EMAILS.

Hello Canuck Sailor, this may come a bit belated for you but it may serve other members to know that this company does not honour any of it's advertised promises...
Thank you - I decided not to go with these batteries, good to know my instincts were correct. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Hi just signed up here to warn people about DiGi Marker batteries had 4 hooked up in a 24 volt system 2 sets of series, only had them going about 3 months and 1 failed and caught fire, luckily didn't burn van down KEVG9184.JPG(only registered 2 months) keep away from the cheap chinese Lithiums

Hi just signed up here to warn people about DiGi Marker batteries had 4 hooked up in a 24 volt system 2 sets of series, only had them going about 3 months and 1 failed and caught fire, luckily didn't burn van down View attachment 109954(only registered 2 months) keep away from the cheap chinese Lithiums
The first time you contact us, we have given you a full refund.
But you inquire about other compensation separately.
And it is true that we have sold tens of thousands of batteries and have not yet encountered an explosion.
We also can't judge whether you have reversed the positive and negative poles or used them incorrectly. We therefore deny you compensation beyond the amount paid for the battery.

Hello Canuck Sailor, this may come a bit belated for you but it may serve other members to know that this company does not honour any of it's advertised promises. I purchased 8 100ah 12.8V batteries from them on Ebay. I did not (foolishly) test them for capacity before connecting them in a 4S2P configuration to form a 10Kwh battery connected to a 5Kw Growatt of gridd inverter. It took me a couple of months to work out that the system was not performing. As my time to invoke buyer protection on Ebay had passed I contacted them directly and they requested I send them a video showing them the testing process. I SEND THEM A VIDEO OF THE CAPACITY TESTING PROCESS AND AN ACCOMPANYING RECORD OF THE PERFORMANCE OUTPUTS OF EACH OF THE BATTERIES' CAPACITIES. EACH ONE OF THESE ON AVERAGE 25% BELOW THE ADVERTISED CAPACITY WITH ONE OF THEM AT 65%. AFTER THIS THEY REFUSED TO ANSWER ANY OF MY EMAILS.
Hello,
I am your exclusive customer service jessica.
I just discovered your comment here today, and you didn't receive a reply because of a misunderstanding that you sent the video to other email addresses.
When you contacted me, I reported the problem to our engineer, and we first judged that it might be a charging problem, so I gave you a charger test.
I have been waiting for your reply since then, but since ebay couldn't receive the video, you sent it to another email, I didn't know it. Luckily in the end I sent you replacement which also solved your problem.
I am sorry that individual quality problems cannot be avoided, but I will actively solve the problem for each customer.
We will continue to pursue progress and provide customers with high-quality products and high-quality services.
If you have any questions, please continue to contact me on ebay or by email: service@digimarker.us
Kind regards,
Jessica

I bought a Digi Marker battery from their Australian ebay store back in June. It seemed to be O.K. for a while other than some voltage spiking when it was not under load, but getting a charge form the solar panels.On our second trip away, the battery cut out in the middle of the night for no reason, less than 25% discharged.
The next night the same thing happened, so I contacted Jessica and sent photos and a video of a discharge test showing that it was cutting out with plenty of capacity remaining.
At first I got some very odd replies from their "Engineer" suggesting the instantaneous start current from the caravan water pump was too high and tripping the BMS. Of course this was complete nonsense given the battery was rated at 200A peak for 3 seconds, and the pump draws just a couple of amps.
Once I pointed out that the "Engineer" was not making any sense, and made it clear that I had some knowledge of things electrical, the conversation changed immediately and I was sent a replacement battery straight away.
That battery arrived yesterday, and the first thing I did was fully charge it and do a capacity test at around 80 Amps discharge rate. The battery performed flawlessly, and I stopped the test at 0% S.O.C. at which point the battery voltage was 11.7-11.8V and it was still delivering 80 amps, so it was over spec. by some degree.
I am very happy with it at this point in time, and would not hesitate in buying another one from them.
From their point of view i can understand that they have no idea of what the client has done with the battery, or if the client knows if the battery is actually faulty or not, so they have to be a bit careful.
It is their business to run, but if it were mine, because the product is being sold all over Australia, I would be trying to set up an arrangement with businesses like Battery World and Batteries For Everything, whereby for a fee they would test any warranty claim batteries and send a report back to me for assessment.

With any manufactured product, there will always be the odd dud unit come off the line, so I hesitate to condemn a company because I bought a dud, especially since they stood by their warranty and replaced it immediately. I can only go by me experience with them which although not perfect, was about as good as you'll get these days.

Hi just signed up here to warn people about DiGi Marker batteries had 4 hooked up in a 24 volt system 2 sets of series, only had them going about 3 months and 1 failed and caught fire, luckily didn't burn van down View attachment 109954(only registered 2 months) keep away from the cheap chinese Lithiums
Dang. Regardless of fault you are lucky your RV didn’t go up in flames..

I have 3 of their 100ah- 24v batteries in an offgrid system that has been running 24/7 since August and have been performing flawlessly

Re (I have 3 of their 100ah- 24v batteries in an offgrid system that has been running 24/7 since August and have been performing flawlessly)

In Parallel?

Hello,
I'm sorry to see this message from you only now, I didn't receive your email later, please contact us again, about the capacity we are 100% real capacity, you can also check the evaluation of our store, many customers receive the goods are tested, of course, we don't exclude the quality of individual batteries, but we will be responsible for all of them.
However, you said you purchased 8 batteries capacity are problematic, our engineers said it is very likely that the charging method of the problem, the battery is not fully charged caused.
So we need more detailed confirmation, but I didn't receive your email again, I don't know if it's an email problem.
Please contact me again, we can exchange the product for you, if all of our batteries don't meet the advertised capacity, it is impossible for us to continue to do business.
Thank you for your understanding!

I have signed up to warn poeple about batteries warnings do not buy you will be sorry
Hello.
You can contact us with any problem, we will solve it for you, but you need to cooperate with us to provide relevant information, some customers directly say the battery can't be charged, but in fact the charger is not suitable. So please excuse us to verify, when the verification is clear will be solved for our customers.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Digi Marker batteries, we hereby promise that if you have quality problems with our batteries, please contact us, but you need to attach the informations, such as the voltage of the battery when fully charged/when the battery is dead; the picture of the charger, and other information, because we have assisted a lot of customers to solve the problem. Most of them are due it the charger's voltage does not meet the requirements, and the parameters required for these We have written all these parameters in the product description.

I understand that some customers may not understand this, but please give us time and opportunity to explain and solve your concerns.

Some customers just say the battery doesn't work, but don't give any explanation or provide any picture information, and then need us to refund, so……
Because our return system requires us to upload pictures about the quality of the batteries appearing, such as those pictures of the battery voltage I mentioned above, so if the customer doesn't provide them, it's difficult for me to proceed to the next step.

Each battery is inspected before it is sent to the warehouse. But to be honest it is impossible to avoid individual quality problems, but we basically deal with them for our customers, except for those who do not cooperate in providing information.

We hope you can understand, we are trying our best to serve every customer, so far, we have 1000+ old customers who have been buying batteries from us for three years.

We don't spend many money on marketing, we just want to keep our costs down and give our customers a better quality product at the best price.

That's why we don't spend as much money as other brands on writing favorable reviews on similar forums, so individual bad reviews can have a particularly bad effect on us.

Here we also reflect on the improvement of product quality at the same time, optimize the after-sales process, to give our customers a better shopping experience.

We hope you can give us Digi Marker a chance, and we hereby promise you that we will not let down your trust!

Kind regards,
Digi Marker

Dear Community Members,

Firstly, we want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to each one of you for showing interest in Digi Marker batteries. Your feedback and experiences are invaluable to us as we continuously strive to improve our products and services.

We understand that some customers may encounter issues with our batteries, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, we want to assure you that we are fully committed to resolving these issues promptly and effectively.

If you experience any quality concerns with our batteries, we kindly ask you to reach out to us directly. To assist us in providing you with the best possible support, please provide detailed information such as the battery's voltage when fully charged and when depleted, along with images of the charger and any relevant details. This information helps us diagnose and address the root cause of the problem more efficiently.

It's worth noting that many of the reported issues stem from discrepancies in charger voltage, which are outlined in detail in our product descriptions. We acknowledge that not all customers may be familiar with these technical specifications, but we are here to help clarify any uncertainties and guide you through the troubleshooting process.

We've encountered instances where customers report issues without providing sufficient information for us to investigate further. In such cases, it becomes challenging for us to offer timely assistance or process refunds as our return system requires visual evidence of the reported quality concerns.

Rest assured, each battery undergoes rigorous inspection before it leaves our warehouse. While we strive for perfection, occasional quality issues may arise. However, we are dedicated to addressing these issues promptly for our customers, provided that necessary information is provided to us.

At Digi Marker, customer satisfaction is our utmost priority. We take great pride in serving over 2000 loyal customers who have trusted us for four years and counting. Unlike some other brands, we prioritize delivering high-quality products at competitive prices over investing heavily in marketing gimmicks.

Your trust and satisfaction mean everything to us, and we are continually working to enhance our product quality and after-sales support to exceed your expectations. We humbly ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate through any challenges together.

Thank you for considering Digi Marker. We promise to do everything in our power to uphold your trust and deliver an exceptional experience.

Warm regards,

The Digi Marker Team

I am an Aussie customer of Digi Marker and have 4 x 100ah lithiums (being 3 in parallel in our van and another in the back of the landcruiser to power a fridge). These batteries are coming up to two years old and have, so far, worked flawlessly. They are not subject to heavy usage ( only just coming up to 50 cycles) and have never been pushed very hard, having only ever been loaded to about 80% of capacity - I'm after as long a life from them as possible. But if present indications are anything to go by, then all looks well.

I must say that I am heartened to see the exchanges from Digi Marker showing ongoing support and hope that the only reason I'll have to contact them is to order a new set in 5 or 6 years time!

I have signed up to warn poeple about batteries warnings do not buy you will be sorry
I have not received your message, you can contact me via customer service email or on ebay with your order number and we will follow up on the issue and resolve it for you, I contacted you but you did not get back to me, we look forward to resolving it for you!

I am an Aussie customer of Digi Marker and have 4 x 100ah lithiums (being 3 in parallel in our van and another in the back of the landcruiser to power a fridge). These batteries are coming up to two years old and have, so far, worked flawlessly. They are not subject to heavy usage ( only just coming up to 50 cycles) and have never been pushed very hard, having only ever been loaded to about 80% of capacity - I'm after as long a life from them as possible. But if present indications are anything to go by, then all looks well.

I must say that I am heartened to see the exchanges from Digi Marker showing ongoing support and hope that the only reason I'll have to contact them is to order a new set in 5 or 6 years time!
Thank you for your support, feel free to contact me for any questions during use! We value our customers' shopping experience, if you still have battery needs in the future, you can contact me to get a discounted price (the price changes according to the market, the cost price is not fixed all the time, so the discounted price is also real-time changes), when contacting me, please let me know that you are a reply to this post, thank you!

Back