diy solar

diy solar

Direct to battery or battery post

nick1ups

Im wiring up a DC to DC charger does the output wires from the charger need to connect directly to my aux battery or can I connect them to some battery posts I have set up that are connected to the aux battery?. I have my solar charge controller, a fuse box and inverter connected to these posts. Also is it better to have the fuse on the dc to dc charger wires closer to the batteries or the charger. Lastly im using the victron 12/12/18 model with 8 awg wire a 25 amp fuse is good? the length is around 7 ft. Thank you

Im wiring up a DC to DC charger does the output wires from the charger need to connect directly to my aux battery or can I connect them to some battery posts I have set up that are connected to the aux battery?.
For LiFePO4, you should be fine tying it to a busbar and not directly to the battery.
Also is it better to have the fuse on the dc to dc charger wires closer to the batteries or the charger.
The fuse should be as close to the battery as is practicle.

Lastly im using the victron 12/12/18 model with 8 awg wire a 25 amp fuse is good? the length is around 7 ft. Thank you
A 25A fuse should be fine.

Back