diy solar

diy solar

Discharge Rate .2C or higher for matching cells?

Sorry not familiar with those, I was just referring to my readings from my Sense monitor that tells me how much power I am drawing and tries to guess what is drawing it. With a 48v system I will need to upwards of 600 amps from the system, and that is at current energy usage, not accounting for some additional loads I may be adding in the coming months, so I am hoping for access to all 1320 amps that my planned packs would supposedly be able to deliver.
Good lord that’s more I use in my shop dude what are you powering let me guess you got your very own Frankenstein you’re trying to light up ?

Good lord that’s more I use in my shop dude what are you powering let me guess you got your very own Frankenstein you’re trying to light up ?
Lol, close. I don't recall what was on at the time but I guarantee that wasn't the max. Only one car charging, probably 3 AC units running, oven, maybe oven and stove top? Pump was running, I highly doubt the drier was running.

Lol, close. I don't recall what was on at the time but I guarantee that wasn't the max. Only one car charging, probably 3 AC units running, oven, maybe oven and stove top? Pump was running, I highly doubt the drier was running.
? ok I bow down to your usage….and I thought my shop was excessive! Gonna follow you while you blaze the trail of “damn I have to have the whole enchilada“

am I missing something here? I discharge at 35-40 amps on a 400 amp hour battery bank, so is that roughly a .1c discharge? i rarely see more than 35-40 amps at 48 volts. thats AC, 2 fridge/freezer, and associated other devices.
No, you are not missing anything.

Discharging a 400Ah battery at 40A is an 0.1C discharge rate (takes 10 hours to fully discharge a full battery).

Back