diy solar

diy solar

Disconnect and fuse

Jah-de-blah-0m

10 12 volt 100 amp hour batteries in series and parallel for 24 volts into lv 24...
Out of the battery bank do both positive and negative need to be fused.
And do both positive and negative need to be wired to disconnect. The manual shows fuse on positive only. I was thinking to connect negative to the battery disconnect and positive to the fuse as pictured here but then thought maybe both positive and negative need to be on the disconnect and both positive and negative need to be on the fuse.

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_134336823.jpg
    IMG_20210806_134336823.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 30
It is recommended to place fuse on positive as the manual indicates. If it blows the entire circuit is dead.

I would include the disconnect as well for, well for disconnecting. Positive or negative both work. actually attached my fuse holder directly to the load side of my disconnect switch

Positive or negative both work. actually attached my fuse holder directly to the load side of my disconnect switch
Fuse needs to be on the battery side positive, as near as practical. I suggest the setup is :
battery pack positive .... fuse with holder..... disconnect switch .... load.

I suggest rewiring the batteries, keep cable lengths the same in the pack so current is shared equally, ideally with equal lengths of cable to positive and negative buss bars, the link forming the series connection should be short, diagram shows 6 batteries, adjust for 10

battery connections.jpg
Mike

It is recommended to place fuse on positive as the manual indicates. If it blows the entire circuit is dead.

Except if your case is bonded to - and battery main + is coming in contact with the case
Like it happened in the last RV LFP fire case.
So put a fuse on +, and a fuse on - too. Safer.

Also it is better if you can completely disconnect your battery.
So a switch or relay that disconnects both + and -.
Or two switch.

Back