diy solar

diy solar

DIY 24 Volt LiFePO4 Battery Construction

jwilwillo

Hi all, loving the videos on the Youtube channel by the way. Has anyone attempted or had any success building a 24 volt LiFePO4 lithium battery with an integrated BMS and bluetoth unit?

yes i'm seeking 24v bms with bluetooth as well. for 5 200ah batteries will I need 5 BMSs? for my 1000 AH system?

I emailed sales@batteryhookup.com as recommended on the website and they mentioned "We are waiting on a shipment to arrive from china, will have 24V and 12V BMS's available". So i will continue to monitor their website.

i told them I needed by June 1st as I'm in a facility learning to walk again. I went with a BMS Will loved. its a 12v but 1. bought 10. i canceled the
bms.jpg

100amp 1. same sells for $120 on amazon. So when I figure out for sure what i'm doing i could just ebay the rest.

Looks great. I'm just holding out for a good 24 volt BMS.
I'd may go that route, i just need to sure about 24 or 12, and charging a 1000AH setup with the alternator. relying on Wills depth as I'm basically a troglodyte swinging a tire iron comparatively

24V LifePo4 Battery Pack requires 8 Cells.
An 8S BMS is required to manage each cell within the pack.
Some BMS' do not allow for Serial and some do not allow for Parallel Battery Pack connections. (Most do)
Ensure that whatever BMS you look at that is FET Based (with external relays) is at least 125% larger capacity than you ever expect to see on the wire. So IF you want a BMS that will output a maximum of 100A then get a 125A BMS. You "WANT" Buffer to prevent burn out.
If building a "Battery Bank" with Multiple "Packs" then proper parallel install is required for load share & splitting, as well as balanced charging. Please read this Document by Victron for this information and how to do it properly. https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf

Best Bang per Buck LFP Cells today are the Xuba 280AH cells 4 for $591 USD Delivered. 8 for $1093 USD Delivered to USA

Sounds good, let us know how you go sharpey.

Steve_S thanks for the info. Will ensure to allow for that wiggle room and slightly higher rated pr guage BMS and cabling for what ever size or AH setup i go for.

Sounds good, let us know how you go sharpey.

Steve_S thanks for the info. Will ensure to allow for that wiggle room and slightly higher rated pr guage BMS and cabling for what ever size or AH setup i go for.
Will do... Making the most of the lockdown by learning about this stuff!

Back