diy solar

diy solar

DIY 3KW Hybrid grid tie system in CO, USA

Colorado_Al

RV & Tiny Home
I've been trying for a while to get a solar setup for my home in CO. My house is pretty electrically efficient so the system is too small for any of the installers in my area to give me the time of day. My energy use over this past year was average of 320kwh/month, with the high being 432kwh in Jan, 416kwh in Aug. Low are 157kwh in May and 185kwh in June.
I have previously built a 1.9KW off-grid system for my place in Baja with a Growatt all in one, 6 315w panels and 2 GYLL 48v LiFePO4 batteries and it is working great.
I'd like to do the same for my place in Boulder, but I'm sure I will need something else than the Growatt all in one controller since I don't think they are UL listed, and I don't think they will feed power back to the grid for me to sell to the utility.
I've got a really good deal on Hanwha Q Cells Q.PEAK DUO 315W panels and the deal on the batteries from Signature Solar is good too.
Can anyone make a recommendation on Hybrid components that won't break the bank if I do 10 315w panels and 2 48v 100ah batteries? Or correct me if I'm wrong about the Growatt system?
Surely I'll need a certified electrician to make my final connections, so if anyone can recommend someone in the area, that would be great too.
Thanks!
Al

I've been trying for a while to get a solar setup for my home in CO. My house is pretty electrically efficient so the system is too small for any of the installers in my area to give me the time of day. My energy use over this past year was average of 320kwh/month, with the high being 432kwh in Jan, 416kwh in Aug. Low are 157kwh in May and 185kwh in June.
I have previously built a 1.9KW off-grid system for my place in Baja with a Growatt all in one, 6 315w panels and 2 GYLL 48v LiFePO4 batteries and it is working great.
I'd like to do the same for my place in Boulder, but I'm sure I will need something else than the Growatt all in one controller since I don't think they are UL listed, and I don't think they will feed power back to the grid for me to sell to the utility.
I've got a really good deal on Hanwha Q Cells Q.PEAK DUO 315W panels and the deal on the batteries from Signature Solar is good too.
Can anyone make a recommendation on Hybrid components that won't break the bank if I do 10 315w panels and 2 48v 100ah batteries? Or correct me if I'm wrong about the Growatt system?
Surely I'll need a certified electrician to make my final connections, so if anyone can recommend someone in the area, that would be great too.
Thanks!
Al
I believe Growatt does have UL-listed inverters authorized for export to grid.

Growatt inverters are on California’s list of approved inverters.

I’d ask Signature Solar about it, since they are one of Growatt’s largest US distributors…

Back