diy solar

diy solar

DIY Battery monitoring system based on ESP8266 with cloud display

rin67630

Solar Enthusiast
Is someone interested?
I have built an ESP8266-based measurement system that includes a powerful battery supervision system as a side function.
It tracks the battery voltage, current, power, evaluates the battery resistance and charge level and displays it on the free cloud service Thinger, so you can supervise your battery worldwide.
It tracks also the Ah from and to the battery by hours, days and the voltage at 23:55 compared with the day before.
The firmware can be modified over the air and the Ah integration is kept across a reset through a persistence function.

The whole thing is on Github here:
SPL Booster
OK, the main focus is not on battery management, but if there is enough interest, i could extrude a Batterysupervision.jpg
"battery supervisor only" version out of it.
Regards

Maybe a bad lin. It says

SPL-Booster: the Swiss-Army-Knife-for-Sound-Pressure-Level Meters​

Fun project! Hope to get some free time to dig into your github.

But the 226 cant handle that high of amperage can it. I have about 25 of those laying around.
You just need to use the right shunt, up to 1000A if you want.
You can parameter any shunt value. Just unsolder the SMD shunt onboard and run leads directly to the battery, where the right shunt sits.
It will be more precise anyway.

You just need to use the right shunt, up to 1000A if you want.
You can parameter any shunt value. Just unsolder the SMD shunt onboard and run leads directly to the battery, where the right shunt sits.
It will be more precise anyway.
I've tried this before with poor results. But I will try again. It was a long time ago. When I first started messing with the things.

I've tried this before with poor results. But I will try again. It was a long time ago. When I first started messing with the things.
Just to mention: some software libraries will indeed consider a stupid software limit to 2A, but that is easy to overcome
I just scale the value of the shunt accordingly:
You must dimension your shunt to give no more than 75mV at end of scale ( which is the standard anyway)
Example: If you need 100A then you should use a shunt of 500microohm.
In the software, you parameter a shunt of 50000microohm and multiply the returned amps by 100.
That's it :p

Last edited:
Back