diy solar

diy solar

DIY BYD Blade Battery Pack 7.066 kWh for $1,220 ??

I absolutely agree! My point is that as a battery builder it’s your job, not the cell manufacturers’
indeed. still designing my ideal battery after more than a year?

none of the ones i've built so far have per cell temperature monitoring, and that shall hopefully change this year ??️

That's a great idea. DO you know of any BMS that incorporates this?
I'm not aware of any BMS that can input 16 or 32 probes. Maybe a BMS out there could integrate with an Output Temperature Acquisition Module (OTAM) through RS485, but i have not found it.
So I'm trying to find/design an OTAM, that would have a Bluetooth output to collect the data into a mobile scada software, and a dry-contact to switch the BMS On/Off, if the critical limit is reached on any of the cells.
If your aware of such a device please share.
The closest option I found so far is this model: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/32-channels-Ds18B20-Rs485-Modbus-Output_1600308430560.html
So, I would end up with two sources of data from the pack, BMS & OTAM.
And, I believe it would be a better replacement to the fire distinguish-er units, monitor and shut down instead of wait for it to burn and distinguish it.

Batrium already has per cell monitoring.
But I have to be honest, I only have two sensors per battery. One taped to the cell closest to the environment. One inside the enclosure. The first one is obviously very slow to react due to the high thermal mass. The second one reacts a bit faster so that rapid changes can be detected more quickly.
Since the batteries are inside where it doesn't get hot and basically only get trickle charged (in case of full sunshine I get a max of 0,05C), I set my upper limits very conservatively, so I don't worry about it too much ;)

Back