diy solar

diy solar

Diy ev with leaf cells got overcharged.

joeblack5

Was lucky.....original images and post edited to delete content as to avoid a useless unrelated discussion.

Bms was working, charger failed to shut off, pack was partially used so some cells were not charged.

Last edited:
BMS? NO=KaBOOM!!kaboom..jpg
Darwin has a fix for these setups, These guys didn't use a bms and were using the wrong charge profile, way oner charged and KaBoom.

Leaf and Tesla packs are both lithium cobalt chemistry, so they are related in that way.

The smell of Peaches in the morning. I'm wrong your Right. Bye

It is all good, I just wanted to document no need to make it smart.. will take the post down to avoid the smug , smartness and hostility. Images removed. Text removed..

Last edited:
Just curious, if the BMS was working how did they keep charging? That would be my concern is the BMS not doing its job.

The bms used is the original bms from the Nissan leaf.. the charger is set for constant current of 5 amp and a shutoff voltage at 4.0 volt / cell.
The cells are normally matched very very well. The bms was more used with the leaf spy software to see individual voltage differences and also voltage drop of cell during acceleration.

Johan

I just wonder what went wrong. A fully functional BMS should prevent individual cell overvoltage.

Back