diy solar

diy solar

DIY Fuse Holders and Distribution Busbars

I think the Bussman 1BS103 with 110A fuses would be a smarter choice compared to making my own.

But I will just buy the Blue Sea ones if I can find them for $50 each. I have been digging around and the prices very a lot.

There must be a shortage on fuse holders too like so many things now.

Last edited:
I got this fuse holder, but difficult to remove cover without breaking plastic:

I just took mine off. I pushed on the cover with a screwdriver right in the center near the base and it came right off.
Shouldn't have to do that. Maybe I'll find a non metal object to use next time.
Consider this one instead, has clips to hold cover:

Alternatively, there are Class T holders one piece or two that can be spaced to fit any size. Cover not included.

3D printed materials !? Probably it Is a bad choice for fuse holders because it's thermoplastic, but there is room for 3D printed parts in DIY electronics. It may be the solution for shunts in low amp applications with an oversized shunt. In my case, I have a 150A shunt and I'm running 40amp maximum, the shunt should not get hot to damage the holder.

Attachments

• 20210327_181152 (6).jpg
    20210327_181152 (6).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 9
3-D printed thermoset materials - exists, don't know if any compatible with hobbyist equipment.

Back in the stone age when 3-D fabrication involved light and UV-cure resin, the mock-ups were quite fragile, but could be used to make molds for casting plastic or metal parts. That doesn't allow re-entrant shapes like 3-D printing, but with proper draft angles etc. could be practical. Especially when you want dozens of identical terminal covers.

Back