diy solar

diy solar

DIY Golf cart

Sylwood2

I'm just getting into Lifepo4 and I am going to order cells for a 48v DIY golf cart. I'll probaly go with 16 100ah cells in packs of 4 (12v) ran in series to get 48v. I think I'll go with a 48v BMS so I can watch all the cells individually. Any recommendations on a good BMS with bluetooth? Also, what charger do I need to charge these? I'd like to have one charger cable to connect instead of 4 different chargers for each 12v. Do I need an adjustable voltage charger so I can charge to 80% or so (I'll have plenty of extra storage at 100ah)?

I'm just getting into Lifepo4 and I am going to order cells for a 48v DIY golf cart. I'll probaly go with 16 100ah cells in packs of (1) 4 (12v) ran in series to get 48v. I think I'll go with a 48v BMS so I can watch all the cells individually. (2) Any recommendations on a good BMS with bluetooth? (3) Also, what charger do I need to charge these? I'd like to have one charger cable to connect instead of 4 different chargers for each 12v. (4) Do I need an adjustable voltage charger so I can charge to 80% or so (I'll have plenty of extra storage at 100ah)?

(1) Not sure why you're not just going 16S as that's what it will look like after you do 4S x4.
(2) Overkillsolar BMS
(3) No recommendation.
(4) Yes.

Thank you snoobler for the recommendation... I looked up overkill solar and they only have a 24v and a 12v BMS on their website

Back