diy solar

diy solar

DIY IQ Battery

Letmo

Has anybody tried building a custom IQ battery with IQ microinverters? Some of the literature indicates that the IQ8's are bidirectional. There is probably some weird setup or specific inverters to make it work, but it sounds like a fun thing to try.

I believe the IQ8s communicate over Zigbee in the IQ Battery, I can confirm it's encrypted. The solar-rooftop panels may "talk" ethernet over powerline.

I believe the IQ8s communicate over Zigbee in the IQ Battery, I can confirm it's encrypted. The solar-rooftop panels may "talk" ethernet over powerline.
?? the IQ8s are on the roof. Did you mean something else? I'm pretty sure the panels don't talk to anything.

?? the IQ8s are on the roof. Did you mean something else?
IQ8 microinverters can be found attached to panels or inside the IQ Batteries.

I'm pretty sure the panels don't talk to anything.
Apologies the second sentence could have been phrased better. I meant that IQ7s (which are only for solar panels) talk ethernet over powerline and that IQ8s attached to solar panels probably did too.

IQ8 microinverters can be found attached to panels or inside the IQ Batteries.

Apologies the second sentence could have been phrased better. I meant that IQ7s (which are only for solar panels) talk ethernet over powerline and that IQ8s attached to solar panels probably did too.
Ohh wow, I wondered what you meant! I was not aware they had a microinverter in the battery. That's pretty interesting. Thanks.

Back