diy solar

diy solar

DIY Solar for a mining rig

Distributed computing
GPU have many shaders units usually more than 2000 of them. They normally where designed to compute pixels but instead in the case of mining it allow processing > 2000 computations per cycle. Massively parallel compared to just using a CPU.

So it come done to run the hardware at full power, full time, The more computation you do, the more reward you get.
Different internet magic coins have different mining algo. Say, SHA-256 for Bitcoin and most shitcoins, Scrypt for Litecoin, Kawpow for Ravencoin, RandomX for Monero, etc etc. Some Algo are more suitable for ASIC mining (specialized hardware that can only do that), Some are more suited for GPU and some for CPU.
So what are you actually doing for "them" where you are providing what services?

If you aren't doing this project for fun, then I recommend that you forget about GPU mining. It is very likely that GPU mining profitability drops like a rock in 2-4 months.

In my mind, 8-GPU rig is just a small protato, wont need a commercial grade solar farm to power it, othewise I would feel solar energy is very weak honestly

If you aren't doing this project for fun, then I recommend that you forget about GPU mining. It is very likely that GPU mining profitability drops like a rock in 2-4 months.
That is what I expect too, Once ETH finally switch proof of scam only, except if somehow we get a new coin that is GPU minable and serve some purpose that the current scams don't have.

ASIC aside, There is only one coin worth mining imo, and it require CPU, not GPU
I expect other GPU coins mining profitability to go negative once ETH do the switch.

Last edited:
If I hadn't lost my bitcoin wallet from many years ago I could have cashed it in and paid for all my solar stuff based on howuch it was trading for not all that long ago...

If I hadn't lost my bitcoin wallet from many years ago I could have cashed it in and paid for all my solar stuff based on howuch it was trading for not all that long ago...
I would suggest you to find your wallet again

I see this topic is 3 months old and hopefully it wasn't continued some where else. I was thinking about building a similar solar farm with batteries and run a mining rig. In the previous posts, i didn't see where the batteris are being recharged. Did I miss this explanation? My thought was to keep everything off grid and not use extra betteries for cloudy days. I'd just stop mining until the batteries were charged up. I apologize for my ignorance but i am also a newbie.

I see this topic is 3 months old and hopefully it wasn't continued some where else. I was thinking about building a similar solar farm with batteries and run a mining rig. In the previous posts, i didn't see where the batteris are being recharged. Did I miss this explanation? My thought was to keep everything off grid and not use extra betteries for cloudy days. I'd just stop mining until the batteries were charged up. I apologize for my ignorance but i am also a newbie.
It depend of you're setup and expectation.

Personally I turn my rig on in the morning, l aim for the batteries to be fully charged by 4pm (so usually I begin the mining at about 11am).
I turn the mining off during the night, when the batteries hit 65%

I only do that mining cycle when day is clear (most of the year). If it's lightly cloudy I often turn it on and monitor the charge to be sure I can fully charge by 4pm.

If I don't mine, and it's a clear day, battery are usually full before noon.
I'm fully offgrid.

Back