diy solar

diy solar

DIY Solar Power Forum "Approved" Dealers

thedodgersonline

Hi Brains Trust
I was thinking that perhaps a list of "approved" or "recommended" dealers on Ali can be posted up and each person who buys from that dealer can post what they bought, price levels and a rating out of 5 say. This was we can build up a list of dealers without the pain of going it alone - and it can also track the current dealers. For instance - Xuba seems to be dropping off recently. Perhaps Amy is overloaded losing interest and there might be a back up dealer available ? Comments / agree / disagree

Regards

Yes, that would be a great resource. When browsing or looking to find equipment its hard to tell what the seller would be like to deal with or who in that haystack has reputable high quality standards of manufacture amd so desirable equipment.

One of the great things available on this site is a competent review and comparison, testing and anecdotes aggregated for some of the better and newer power-electronics available for RE and UPS applications.

Someone has to adopt these devices and employ them in order for wide acceptance and knowing what works and what does not in real installs is of interest and helps other adoptors succeed especially where discouragement might cause a cease in the effort. This bolsters the industry as a whole.

Yes, that would be a great resource. When browsing or looking to find equipment its hard to tell what the seller would be like to deal with or who in that haystack has reputable high quality standards of manufacture amd so desirable equipment.

One of the great things available on this site is a competent review and comparison, testing and anecdotes aggregated for some of the better and newer power-electronics available for RE and UPS applications.

Someone has to adopt these devices and employ them in order for wide acceptance and knowing what works and what does not in real installs is of interest and helps other adoptors succeed especially where discouragement might cause a cease in the effort. This bolsters the industry as a whole.
Hi
So how would we go about this? Ask @willprowse to create a new forum?

Regards

True, but don't buy panels from Amazon or you'll get jumped on for not doing your research.
Even Amazon have dealers - so you can choose there. Amazon = Alibaba = AliExpress = eBay etc. If the dealer has an approval rating on here it means that others have used them so you don't need to do as much research.
An example is one of the matrix I use for rating a dealer on Ali is the response rating. Anything less than 90% and they get cut but reading on another forum everyone was raving about a dealer and when I look at their site their response rate was 0.00%:eek:

Regards

This would be a great section of the forum, with a sub heading thread for each popular Ali seller. I've been on Ali a LOT lately and it's just too much! Too many sellers bombarding me, and I cannot tell which are good or bad? Resellers of B cells representing them as A cells, so this would really help me.

I prefer to use some local marketplaces like Innovate Solar cause I would be able to go and ask what's with my solar panels. They are quite expensive and if panels would be delivered from Ali I could be sure about their security.

Last edited:
Recommended would probably be more accurate, but I doubt the site wants the liability of actually approving a site unless there is some kind of sponsorship. Too much liability... I will not buy from Ali-anything personally, no matter how good the deal is...

I will not buy from Ali-anything personally, no matter how good the deal is...
So do I. Cause I ordered a phone case once and it was delivered in a really poor condition. And we're talking about a phone case that was more chirpiest then a solar panels...Maybe it's my negative experience but I wouldn't buy anything from Ali.

Back