diy solar

diy solar

DIY Solar Powered Golf Cart for $3,600 (Mars rover on a budget)

I'm thinking there needs to be a new category in SCCA: Solar Powered Golf Carts. Run what ya brung!

There would have to be a weight limit and an expectation of some level of OEM parts retention.

I think the 15MPH top speed is a nonstarter.
That’s pretty normal for a golf cart. As many times as I’ve seen people scraped off the pavement by EMS after getting tossed from one, I wouldn’t want one that goes much faster! Now, a good 4-wheeler made for high speed turns? Solar powered? I’d take one!

Polaris makes an electric version of their Ranger as I recall. I've never seen one in the wild. My Ranger has hit 54 MPH before, but that was in a straight line. No way I was going to deviate from a straight line. It gets squirrely in corners at 20 MPH. I would be sending it to the scrap heap if I tried a corner at 50+ MPH.

A RZR on the other hand, that would be cool.

Polaris makes an electric version of their Ranger as I recall. I've never seen one in the wild. My Ranger has hit 54 MPH before, but that was in a straight line. No way I was going to deviate from a straight line. It gets squirrely in corners at 20 MPH. I would be sending it to the scrap heap if I tried a corner at 50+ MPH.

A RZR on the other hand, that would be cool.

I was wondering after seeing Will's video if I could take the busted farm Ranger and convert it to Electric. Engine blew. That would be a bigger project than I could do in a day.

Since I’m a complete beginner and have enjoyed the Mars Rover v3.0 blueprint (or third upgrade) would it be possible to have all the components you’ve added in the Golf cart please? It’s simply so I can order them and have one for myself :)

thank you

Just out of curiosity why did you mount your solar panel at an angle? Seems to me that with a moving vehicle you would get max sun with them flat.

Back