diy solar

diy solar

DIY Tesla powerwall

sed6, as you found out , no TOU grid peak shaver. I am curious why you'd need to tie your critical loads back into the main panel- nothing wrong with it, but for me my critical loads run off the MPP solar unit all the time. When the grid power dies, it just keeps running off battery and solar. Gen power is fed through the MPP solar unit. via an automatic transfer switch, which is normally grid powered.

You can setup a timer which turns on your grid tie inverter separate from the MPP unit. but it will use the full rating, even if you don't need it.

I've seen other people say california has changed the "TOU" periods, because solar was providing way too much power to the grid during the day, and at sunset, use skyrockets.

I picked up one of Will's recommended coulometers off Amazon. His paid link: https://amzn.to/2XKZby4

View attachment 13673

I struggled over where and how to place it. Eventually I just removed the shunt from its case and bolted straight to my battery terminal.

View attachment 13671

View attachment 13672

And I'm going to start my first capacity test tonight. I plugged in an optimistic 480ah capacity and at 25.2 volts I reset to 100% and off we go.

I plan to keep the Cell Meter 8's as they do a great job showing individual cell voltage and supposedly passively balance the cells..

What is the difference between the CellMeter 8 and the AiLi Battery Monitor? Is there something that one does that the other doesnt?

Why not a 240v inverter fed into its own breaker to get both legs? 2kW wouldn't allow me to run multiple appliances (definitely not A/C and washing machine). Ive been using the EVTV one for about a year straight no issues. However I am running enough solar to fully charge 2p1s modules every day even in partial sun.

Also, in regards to you bracket holding the bottom of the module, how are you not crushing the cooling tubes?

Back