diy solar

diy solar

DIY Transfer Switch Off-Grid Mixed Voltages????

TGPB

I currently have a DIY transfer switch between my 120v Inverter and 120v generator using one of these.
51WSBs5P7wL._AC_SY400_.jpg

It has worked good for my application.

I am changing to a new generator that produces 240v along with a new breaker box that can accommodate the 240v.

I need help figuring out how to make a new transfer switch that will allow the 240v generator to play nice with the 120v inverter.

Side note...the generator Is automated to auto-start when the batteries get low and on a schedule during the winter low solar months.

Thanks

240V.....so 2 hot legs and a neutral. Should be able to use the set up you have now.

I'm interested in your DIY transfer switch. Can you share details about it?

Need a 3 pole relay. Inverter L1 connects to both L1 and L2. New generator has separate L1-L2

PD52V $178

When the low voltage sensor starts the generator it has a 30 second delay for the generator to get up to speed and then switches. When the generator shuts down it goes back to inverter. These are not always fast enough to prevent resetting some electronic devices.

For true uninterrupted power consider using the generator to just charge the battery.

Last edited:
Back