diy solar

diy solar

DIY vs a cheap Chins battery

OP, don't know if you saw this thread, but the Chins battery probably has pouch cells: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/new-chins-100ah-lifepo4-battery-teardown.36496/

Actually, any of them might. If you planning to take one apart be sure to check before hand.
Just out of curiousity, I e-mailed Chins and they got back to me within 30 minutes. They normal 100AH now have prismatic cells, so it sounds like they resolved their supply issue.

"HI,
thank you for your mail.
12V 100AH now has prismatic cells, SKU: CHINS-12100-220516-(001-720)
After you place an order, we will note the prismatic battery
best regards.
CHINS WINNIE "

intresting
Just out of curiousity, I e-mailed Chins and they got back to me within 30 minutes. They normal 100AH now have prismatic cells, so it sounds like they resolved their supply issue.

"HI,
thank you for your mail.
12V 100AH now has prismatic cells, SKU: CHINS-12100-220516-(001-720)
After you place an order, we will note the prismatic battery
best regards.
CHINS WINNIE "
Interesting upgrade by them. I would still NEVER consider a pre-built battery pack which couldn't be monitored and especially configured via a Bluetooth cellphone app.

The pouch cells were a temporary change due to cost/difficulty of getting prismatics (supposedly), but I don't know if the prismatics would be any better. Except that if you want to take the pack apart, pouch cells would not be good!

These sorts of batteries are good for people who don't want to fiddle... which would be the great majority of people... though maybe not on this forum.

Seems the conversation went DIY which is fine, but for "Solar generator" - Ecoflow Delta FTW.
You're just not gonna build a DIY that matches this product. PERIOD.
If you want a clean compact powerful portable power pack, this is the shiznit.
If you want to play with a bunch of parts in a box then a DIY is certainly do-able.

I bought a Delta Mini and it's nothing short of phenomenal.

Seems the conversation went DIY which is fine, but for "Solar generator" - Ecoflow Delta FTW.
You're just not gonna build a DIY that matches this product. PERIOD.
If you want a clean compact powerful portable power pack, this is the shiznit.
If you want to play with a bunch of parts in a box then a DIY is certainly do-able.

I bought a Delta Mini and it's nothing short of phenomenal.
Hi Chris. I don't doubt it. I've owned premade ones before and while I think they're great for being compact, I've had units fail (not ECOflow in particular) and then i have to scrap the whole thing. Plus, this will be a little project for me to learn and grow with. It should be fun!

Back