diy solar

diy solar

DIY with cheap Redodo

unkyjoe

Riddle me this,

Buy 2 Redodo 12v 100ah batteries for $299 each including shipping, rip them apart, balance the cells and build a diy 24v unit with a new BMS $130 w bluetooth, cheaper than buying the cells from the grey market and building one diy. Or get 2 12v 200ah and do the same, still cheaper.

What do you think?

Riddle me this,

Buy 2 Redodo 12v 100ah batteries for $299 each including shipping, rip them apart, balance the cells and build a diy 24v unit with a new BMS $130 w bluetooth, cheaper than buying the cells from the grey market and building one diy. Or get 2 12v 200ah and do the same, still cheaper.

What do you think?
I am frequently amazed that companies will sell you 12V 100Ah for 300, but if you want twice the storage, they want triple the money… it would make sense if they can sell 4S pack for 300, they can sell an 8S pack for 600ish… or less even…
Since buying bulk frequently results in bundle pricing… it just doesn’t make sense to me.

I am frequently amazed that companies will sell you 12V 100Ah for 300, but if you want twice the storage, they want triple the money
My thinking exactly, going this route would be cheaper than buying from ALI or some other distributor, no shipping fees, etc.

No warranty either, but the warranty is only as good as the company behind it, so I have no hopes that if one of these batteries fails that the company would honor the warranty anyway, and it's no less risky then ordering the cells from china so here goes, I plan on doing this soon.

I currently have a Redodo and AmpereTime "same battery facility in China" working together in a 24v pack that I top balanced before putting them together in series, they have been running together for a month and are still delivering plenty of capacity. I think it would make for a great experiment.

I am presently running two of the dreaded and much derided Littokala brand 24v 80ah batts in parallel for my system. They are performing great and they cost me $265 each over at Aliexpress. I noticed the price is now $293. It does take a long time to receive them. Those slow boats from China are not a joke.

I wonder where they get the cells from and what kind of quality they are to make these $300 batteries.

Back