diy solar

diy solar

DJ Rack power tower conversion

billtheman

Had an old DJ Rack layin around the garage. It looks to fit 4 of these Valence Batteries snugly - Anyone have advise against laying these 4 batteries on top of each other? they seem to be built like tanks and the lifepo4 should be able to be on it side from what I've read.

Planning on putting a front door on it lined with these giant 60280 cells for show mostly but they are a nice 105ah 4s2p addition - i should have no trouble wiring that in parallel with the other 4 valence batts should I?

Thanks for the advice -

Attachments

• baststack.jpg
    baststack.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 35
  • tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 35
I cannot comment on the load bearing capacity of those batteries, but would suggest a change or two. Since you have that nice rack, why not use it like it is designed for? Put some shselves in, and space the batteries out to make better use of the volume. That will make it cleaner, and allow room for many more batteries. Just saying....

They look like valence u27-12xp and if they are they will be fine on top of each other. They are made for industrial trucking so they can parallel to any size back. They can also be series up to 150 volts and they all communicate with one another with the cables coming out of them.

Back