diy solar

diy solar

DLG E-BOX 48100R, testing and tinkering.

Here is my setup. I am running an 8k Deye. I have two of them but am only using one right now. The battery box is from Midnight solar. Each battery runs with the Pytes 4 AWG long cables to its own 100 AMP DC breaker from Midnite, those then run to a bus bar and from bus bar to 250 AMP DC breaker from Midnite with 4/0 Cable and from 250 Amp breaker with 4/0 to inverter (photo shows smaller cable, but I have changed it). This is an extra 250 Amp breaker for second inverter when I decide to use it. This is similar to what Ray did here:

On another note, take a look at David's video he just released.
I think minute 17 is illustrating some of the issue you are having. I realized you swapped the battery positions, but I still think a bus bar setup is going to fix your issues.

Attachments

• PXL_20220617_005835439.jpg
    PXL_20220617_005835439.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20220617_005903649.jpg
    PXL_20220617_005903649.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 59
By the way this was before I updated the firmware and was having BMS Comm issues. My SOC's (as shown in the indicator lights) were all over the place becasue the inverter wasn't reading SOC data properly.

Hooked mine up to MPP LVX 6048 today, initially the BMS wasn’t communicating, but eventually I sorted it out. The inverter was initially throwing a fault for failed BMS communication.

Used the inverter settings for Pylontech and the recommended configuration on the Pytes description on Watts247.com’s ad. Once the BMS connected it started pumping juice to the batteries.

Here is my setup. I am running an 8k Deye. I have two of them but am only using one right now. The battery box is from Midnight solar. Each battery runs with the Pytes 4 AWG long cables to its own 100 AMP DC breaker from Midnite, those then run to a bus bar and from bus bar to 250 AMP DC breaker from Midnite with 4/0 Cable and from 250 Amp breaker with 4/0 to inverter (photo shows smaller cable, but I have changed it). This is an extra 250 Amp breaker for second inverter when I decide to use it. This is similar to what Ray did here:

On another note, take a look at David's video he just released.
I think minute 17 is illustrating some of the issue you are having. I realized you swapped the battery positions, but I still think a bus bar setup is going to fix your issues.
your dip switch`s are wrong?
All your batteries are master?
How does that work, if i seen corectly on all batteries the number 2 sw is up. That should be only on the master battery. How does your setting work for you?
Thank you for the videos i just seen the video from david last night!

Here is new photo. I'm actually running rs485 instead of CAN now, pytes said that the CAN protocol with Deye wasn't reporting proper data, but that was also before we figured out the firmware issue. Regarding that old photo I'm fairly certain only the master dip switch is important but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• PXL_20220813_165729139.jpg
    PXL_20220813_165729139.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 41
Hi guys i did a test over the weekend with the batteries.
I did a discharge until the invertor triggered low voltage disconnect.
As you can see from the images attached all batteries reached the same voltage but the SOC is different.
I think the batteries in the second pack that arrived are a lower quality. Ideas?

Attachments

• vbat_3.png
    vbat_3.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 7
  • vbat_2.png
    vbat_2.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 6
  • vbat_1.png
    vbat_1.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
  • soc_bat_4.png
    soc_bat_4.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 7
  • soc_bat_3.png
    soc_bat_3.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
  • soc_bat_2.png
    soc_bat_2.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 8
  • soc_bat_1.png
    soc_bat_1.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 8
  • vbat_4.png
    vbat_4.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi guys i did a test over the weekend with the batteries.
I did a discharge until the invertor triggered low voltage disconnect.
As you can see from the images attached all batteries reached the same voltage but the SOC is different.
I think the batteries in the second pack that arrived are a lower quality. Ideas?
did you daisy chain your batteries ?
is your main positive and main negative on the same battery ?

The BMS uses a TI BQ34Z100 ("battery gas gauge").

The datasheet for this part suggests that there is some refinement to the SOC measurement that occurs as the batteries are charged/discharged.

If all the cell voltages are close I'd be less worried about the reported SOC.

The BMS uses a TI BQ34Z100 ("battery gas gauge").

The datasheet for this part suggests that there is some refinement to the SOC measurement that occurs as the batteries are charged/discharged.

If all the cell voltages are close I'd be less worried about the reported SOC.
How can i not worry. It cycles my 2 good batteries. The current drawn from the is always almost double.
Can you tell.me what bms it is?
Can soc be adjusted? Do you know how i can list full config for the battery?

How can i not worry. It cycles my 2 good batteries. The current drawn from the is always almost double.
Can you tell.me what bms it is?
Can soc be adjusted? Do you know how i can list full config for the battery?
The "debug" login has a bunch of stuff you may be able to poke around with. I'd be careful to only query info though as some of the configurable settings look like they could break things.

In particular look at the "soc" related commands:
Code:
socr     SOC read - socr[Offset]
socw     SOC write - socw [Offset][Val]
socsh    SOC show reg -socsh
soccfg   SOC config - soccfg[subclass][Offset][value]
soccal   SOC calibration - soccal [volt/current/tempr/ccoffset/bdoffset] [value]
socd     SOC show data - socd
tsoc     bq34z100 test - tsoc
socclr   clear bq34z100 data flash  and reload default value - socclr
soct     SOC show Ra table - soct
couls    Coulomb calc type - couls [iah/vah/asic/default]

Thank you, i never hit enter to continue, only space, i never seen this part of the menu.
Many many thanks!

@themizz can you graph your voltages and soc? i would have a point of refference!
Have you messured the stored power of your batteries?

I haven't done a 100 to 0 capacity test, but I will and report back. Help me with the graphing scripts and would be happy to do it!.

I haven't done a 100 to 0 capacity test, but I will and report back. Help me with the graphing scripts and would be happy to do it!.
Do you have any servers?
Do you have cacti installed?
Should i just give you a python script that sends data to my servers?
I need more info as it requires some linux/servers/scripts etc..
Or better should i create a general server where you guys cand send data?

I can spin up a Linux VM. I think most people want to control their own data. Can you create a VM package similar to Solar Assistant or Home Assistant? FYI, I tried getting the batteries to communicate directly with Solar Assistnat but didn't have luck, I might try again since it seems like that should work since Solar Assistant makes referece to Pylon protocol.

I can spin up a Linux VM. I think most people want to control their own data. Can you create a VM package similar to Solar Assistant or Home Assistant? FYI, I tried getting the batteries to communicate directly with Solar Assistnat but didn't have luck, I might try again since it seems like that should work since Solar Assistant makes referece to Pylon protocol.
I have made a small device with an esp8266 to read the data and send it to my SMH (SmartHome). I just finished the electronics and 80% of the codding. Similar to WifiShine. I will let you know when it`s done!

I found a video on Youtube of a tare-down of the Pytes E-BOX 48100R. If your interested like I was in seeing how these batteries work and how they are built on the inside, I recommend checking the video out.

I found a video on Youtube of a tare-down of the Pytes E-BOX 48100R. If your interested like I was in seeing how these batteries work and how they are built on the inside, I recommend checking the video out.

Great video. thnks!

Back