diy solar

diy solar

do 4x 3k eg4 approximate 2x 6.5k eg4?

androidvoir

It looks like I will need to use what' is available rather that Will's complete 48v system if I want to get the tax credit in the bag which, if I'm thinking correctly, are 4x 3k EG4s? so 12Kw instead of 13kw split phase. Of course the whole ground-neutral very very bad, no it'll be fine, no you'll fry the world thing aside ... will this power my house the same way or is my thinking faulty? I intend on attaching 6 batteries and 32 panels. I live in the northwest where we are still having winter in July and my little 400watt system generated 12kw in 16 days, so 32x 390w panels might not be enough. Back to the question though, will these 4 hookup and not burn up with the load of the whole house? I want to be as off-grid as possible.

It will work. When you wire the outputs together, use a gutter box underneath them. Wire N&G together directly from inverter to inverter all the way across so that any objectional currents between the inverters when unbalanced stays inside the gutter box. Then have 1 N going to your sub-panel Neutral bar, and 1 G going to the sub-panel's added chassis ground bar, not the Neutral bar. There should be no objectionable currents outside the gutter box. Leave adequate space between them for ventilation, no more than that, and use properly sized wires at 125% of the maximum "rated" current, please.

Alternatively, an AIMS Power 12kW/36kWpk split-phase, 48VDC inverter doesn't require all that wiring and it's Listed. You will require an AIMS 100A Charge controller, or two depending on how many batteries you're going to buy. It would be much easier to wire up but it's less efficient due to the LF transformer. Very reliable for whole-home off-grid systems.

Back