diy solar

diy solar

Do I need a BMS for AGM batteries

Trev2323

Hello I am just beginning here I know Lithium batteries are the way to go but out of my price range at the moment. I plan on purchacing the Duracell AGM 12vbatteries to run in series for a 48v growatt. IS there a BMS for AGM batteries?

Essentially no such thing. Due to the nature of FLA/AGM charging and their need to be taken to 100% daily, and they are somewhat tolerant of overcharge, they have a tendency to be "self-correcting" when charged.

Due to the degraded state of my 4S2P FLA bank, I use 12V balancers:

One is attached to each 12V, and they are all attached to each other. They monitor the 12V for voltage. They TRANSFER up to 4A of current from high voltage to low voltage to ensure that all 12V in the bank are the same voltage. High current charges or discharges can obviously overtake them, but they are pretty darn effective.

Hello so i have 12pcs of 6volt battery in a 3 bank 24 volt system so do i need the 48volt hao2 or ha01?

Hello so i have 12pcs of 6volt battery in a 3 bank 24 volt system so do i need the 48volt hao2 or ha01?

No. You need 6V balancers IF you need anything at all. New, healthy, quality batteries should not deviate significantly.

You can answer the question yourself. If all 6V are very nearly the same voltage when fully charged and at the end of a discharge, they are fine.

Back