diy solar

diy solar

Do I need a Cerbo GX?

As far as system monitoring goes, particularly for your application, there's nothing a Cerbo GX can do that Victron Connect won't do for free. Especially with the latest updates showing current status of all your devices together on the start page. Assuming your cell phone or tablet will connect to VC, not all will. My Samsung S22 Ultra won't connect and neither will my tablet. Luckily my old Google Pixel works just fine.

As far as system monitoring goes, particularly for your application, there's nothing a Cerbo GX can do that Victron Connect won't do for free. Especially with the latest updates showing current status of all your devices together on the start page. Assuming your cell phone or tablet will connect to VC, not all will. My Samsung S22 Ultra won't connect and neither will my tablet. Luckily my old Google Pixel works just fine.
Yea Paul, that is the conclusion I came to and a lot of other posts on this topic. I kind of knew this when I inquired but thought I might be missing something. I was not.
I have an old cell phone dedicated to look at all the victron connect information as well as change parameters when needed. I also have the ap on the same phone that connects with the JBD BMS for individual cell voltages and variances. Having no reliable internet at the cabin renders remote monitoring a moot point really. It is just not possible. I find the Bluetooth monitoring when I am there to be very reliable and easy to use. Thanks for reply.

The Starlink consumes just under 60 watts from my Multiplus, as reported by my Cerbo GX.

I can't get the Cerbo GX to connect to the Starlink WiFi. I'm not sure what's going on.
The Cerbo's that I tested here at the shop wouldn't reliably connect or stay connected to my WiFi for more than a few day, They still don't so I'm not very pleased with them. When I brought this up on the Victron Forum last year I was directed to this thread.

I made the suggested changes and .... still the same &%$@ problem. Maybe this is your problem, maybe it's not.

I haven't had the need to touch one since but I did refer a pier to the Global Link 520 and he said it was working well for his applications.

The Cerbo's that I tested here at the shop wouldn't reliably connect or stay connected to my WiFi for more than a few day, They still don't so I'm not very pleased with them. When I brought this up on the Victron Forum last year I was directed to this thread.

I made the suggested changes and .... still the same &%$@ problem. Maybe this is your problem, maybe it's not.

I haven't had the need to touch one since but I did refer a pier to the Global Link 520 and he said it was working well for his applications.

I still need to open mine up and check the antenna.

Back