diy solar

diy solar

Do LiFeP04 batteries need a specific kind of inverter?

It was from a manufacturer reply to a question on Amazon. I figured since the reply was from the manufacturer, it was legit. But maybe they don't deal with LiFeP04 batteries enough to know. I was totally going to get the GoWise 1000W but I haven't been able to find it, sold out everywhere. :(
Hmm. Sounds like the person replying was thinking about Li-ion type batteries. There really isn't a good setup for that type to run a 12V inverter. 3 cells is just too low a nominal voltage, and 4 is too high. LiFeP04, tho, are almost perfect. a 4S pack has a fully charged voltage of 14.4-14.6, and a fully discharged voltage of 10 or so. That's perfect for most any 12V inverter out there. I've seen many Amazon 'replies' that haven't been very reliable. My little sinewave inverter loves my LiFeP04 12V packs! For my 'new' Li-ion setup, I had to go to 10S packs and a 36V inverter. I'm positive that was just a mistake. (Stu here. Old greymuzzle electronics guy that's been battery-crazy since the early 60's..:) Stay healthy! Stu

These units bear a striking resemblance to the entry level Renogy inverters.

Back